Wow, I love my mac even more now

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adamb100, Jan 13, 2006.

1. adamb100 macrumors regular

Today(actually right now) I was forced to boot Windows up. I havent booted it since getting my mac really so it's still unpatched to the WMF vulnerability. Anyway...

I proceed to choose Windows from GRUB(got linux installed also). Takes about 5 seconds for the login screen to pop up, takes 10 minutes to load everything and be ready. :mad:

So why not do some maintance and remove some apps? I did and I was forced to reboot the damn thing after REMOVING A TOOL BAR!!!

I need to share Mac with Windows so I can upload music to Mac OS X. Well that didnt go so well. Windows said "I dunno what your talking about, there is no mac on this network" I finally got it to show up in network places. THe damn thing crashes though when you click it to connect to the Mac. :mad:

So overall, I hate Windows. :)

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Sounds like the kind of experiences I have when I try to use Windows. All I can say is that Windows is really awful.

Of course I know I'm going to get a bunch of people saying that Windows works fine as long as you maintain your machine and know how to keep it running well. First of all, I do. I consider myself as proficient with Windows as I am with the Mac. Windows still has a lot more problems. Second, the fact that Windows works fine if you maintain it means nothing. I'm sure Yugos work fine too if you maintain them and know how to fix them. One measure of quality of any product is that it just works reliably without a lot of maintenance and hassle. That's how my Macs are.

3. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I think the key point here is that in order to keep Windows running healthily online, you have to be a more than just a regular user. You need to be aware of viruses, spyware, firewalls, fragmentation and a host of other things 'under the hood'; and know how to install, maintain and run certain essential utilities on a regular basis otherwise it is inevitable that the machine will either start crashing regularly, run like molasses or just end up zombied.

It sounds trite, but you just don't need to know about this stuff to run a Mac. And to cap it all, MacOS is asthetically more pleasing too.

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Scared silly

My significant other is buying a pc laptop next month and being a corporate manager in a large firm he knows diddly squat about taking care of a computer. What worries me even more is I know even less about windows and pc's :eek: