WOW! I made the jump from 3GS to iPhone 4 today.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithdimples, Apr 26, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2007
    Went to Verizon, joined my family plan, came home and jailbroke it with green poison (it came with 4.2.6)

I can't get enough of how sexy it looks and retina display.

What are some jailbroken/paid apps must for iPhone 4?

2. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2011
    Congrats- Welcome to the 4 Family!

It's crazy how much better the iPhone 4 looks and feels compared to the 3GS!! Here are some of the jailbroken apps I love on my iPhone!

Winterboard: Totally pimp out your iPhone! Want themes? Custom battery screens? Custom carrier logos? This program does all that and more. Absolutely essential for the jailbroken iPhone. This app is free!

Safari Download Manager: Finally download files to your iPhone directly. Almost any type of file can be downloaded right from Safari, allowing to grab, save and use any file from your iPhone without having to sync it first. Great for use with iFile. This one is free too!
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2007
    I am quite hesitant to install Winterboard because I am coming from an iPhone 3GS which I've used for 2 years and I am afraid my iPhone 4 will become slow? or I'd have to "respring" every other hour.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    not sure exactly what you need... but if you text then get bitesms
  5. macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2008
    Middle of Pacific
    If you don't have patient to wait for the ip5, at least wait for the white ip4, disgusting. JK :D
  6. macrumors 68020

Jan 29, 2010
    Lexington, KY.
    Good lord...more misinformation! Seriously...I'm STILL using a 3GS with iOS4 (and yes, with WinterBoard and tons of themes installed), and I notice NO difference in the speed of my iPhone. And why on Earth would you need to respring every other hour (unless you're changing themes constantly)???

WinterBoard works GREAT on the 3GS and it works even better on the iPhone 4. Stop worrying and just install it...or don't. :rolleyes:
  7. macrumors 68040

Dec 28, 2009
    I've used Winterboard from 4.0.1 up through 4.3.1 and don't have any issues. I know lots of people hate Winterboard however I find that it makes customizing your phone a lot easier. Assuming you're going to be making those kinds of mods to your phone then it's well worth it. And if you don't like it or think that it is slowing your phone down, just uninstall it. You'd only need to respring whenever you make any changes in Winterboard so you wouldn't necessarily be doing it every hour or so.
  8. macrumors 65816

Feb 28, 2011
    The iPhone 4 has plenty of RAM to spare :)