WoW in PowerBook G4 667 Mhz

Discussion in 'Games' started by Manuzark, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Manuzark macrumors newbie

Please! i have a PBG4 667Mhz, Vram 32MB, 768MB Ram HD 60GB 5400 Rpm, works this game playable in this mac? :confused:

2. Manuzark thread starter macrumors newbie

why not? the framerate in very slowly?? thanks :(

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

World of Warcraft System Requirements

I wouldn't even look at the minimum requirements. On my Power Mac dual G5, 2 GB RAM, 6800 Ultra DDl I'd say the game was playable on high settings, on my PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz it was playable on medium.

4. Manuzark thread starter macrumors newbie

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I can play it occasionally on my 800 MHz PowerBook (Titanium, DVI). If yours is the same rev. with the Radeon 7500 Mobility 32 MB then you probably can, even though it's below-spec. On mine it's pretty rough, even with everything way down, but it's ok for emergencies and might be usable for light soloing duty...barely. I get probably between 2-15 fps on mine. No way would I take it into an instance.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

LMFAO did you just say yeah you can probably play it and then say you get 2-15 FPS and you wouldn't play it in an instance? So what you mean is NO IT DOESN'T WORK? :rolleyes:

7. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think I was pretty clear. If you want to use it to do auction house stuff or work on your tradeskills or go out soloing some easy mobs, it works. For instances, it doesn't. Like I said I do use mine on the road, I just wouldn't use it as a full time WoW machine.