WOW invite, recruit a friend request

Discussion in 'Games' started by kellen, Aug 11, 2006.

1. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Hello

I am wanting to try WOW, but don't want to shell out the cash for the game when it may or may not work on my Mini (having read too many various reports).

Someone want to please send me a recruit a friend request so that I can try it out? I know you get a free month if I am to join, which I would if it the game plays decently (~20fps) on the mini.

Let me know,

Kellen

or just automatically do it to my email address,

2. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

just sent a key

got 4 more if anyone else needs them, just send a PM =]

3. findnemo macrumors regular

You do know you just threw away your social life right? "Sniff" I miss mine.

4. JDM DC2R macrumors newbie

my social life has been gone since 6 months ago =(

5. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Didn't get the invite.

On another note, after trying to put 2gb in my mini, it won't fire up. Not even with swapping back in the original 512 ram. Only thing that happens is the front light turns on and you can hear the hum of the hard drive.

Took it to apple, they said either bad ram or new logic board. My bets on the latter!

Anyone have any problems with Frys Patriot Ram? Was 139.99 for a set of 1gb sticks.

Kellen

6. d-fi macrumors member

if anyone has an invite they would be willing to share i'd be eternally greatful :)

i used to play everquest a few years ago and that took up a lot of my time so i really would like to try WOW before i start paying so i can see if it is actually fun or just another elaborate graphical chatroom.

Being a full time student i can't afford to spend the same time on WOW as i used to on EQ.

if anyone can help out i'd be greatful

Cheers

7. wembley Guest

wembley

Did you ground yourself before touching anything inside?

Is that "Frys" as in "Fry's Electronics"?

The general feeling about Fry's Electronics in the SF Bay Area is that when you return bad RAM it gets put in a pile to go back out to other customers. I've had many a friend exchange bad RAM to get more bad RAM.

With RAM, you often get what you pay for...

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Sure. Need an e-mail addy, though.

9. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Yeah, I grounded myself, but I always feel it is a crapshoot grounding yourself at home. Anyways I put the 256 sticks back in, took it to apple and they replaced the logic board. Then the 2gb sticks worked beautifully, so who knows?

Frys is a good store in my opinion, only if you know what you are looking for. Its like trying to get help in a costco. Prices can't be beat, but I have had to return many items because they mysteriously didn't work.

Thanks again for the WoW invite, going to install it today.

10. pwillsey macrumors newbie

Anyone else have an invite they could spare ?? :) or just email it to me: pwillsey at uvic.ca

11. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

can these requests be all done through PM? members only get 5 invites (until the people they invite upgrade their accounts), and i don't want to waste an invite key on someone who already got an invite from another member

---edit: I have 1 invite left at the moment, if anyone wants---

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

13. andrewsfish macrumors newbie

I have 5 invites for the free trial

Just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you an e-mail link for a free 10 day trial period (through WoW). If you decided to pay to play, then I get 30 free days, and that would be great.

14. Sinerster macrumors newbie

if..

if any1 still need a 10 day free trial pm me please ill help any1 out who pms me once they get the game such as helping them with quest,.making them items etc, dungeons, and you can download the full game