WoW is deleting my exposé prefernces!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Keytachi, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Keytachi macrumors regular

hi! everytime i enter wow and then leave the game, all my exposé preferences are reset to zreo :( what is happening :confused:

2. BigMäc Guest

Schwiiz
    That happens to me from time to time, too. I have no idea why, but no WoW was installed.

3. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

I find I get that too... I did wonder... No idea why, though.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I've had WoW for over two years and have never had that happen. What OS version are you on?

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had WoW since 2004 and have run into this problem many times. I can't be certain that it's WoW doing it, but I believe that that's the consensus.

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I have the same problem and there's already a thread somewhere about this problem. I PM'ed rbarris to see if he could help, but didn't receive an answer yet.

It would be a good idea IMHO when all of us would go to a feedback site or something like this where we could complain. At least, Blizzard would know about the problem then. But I don't know of such a site. Do you?

7. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Interesting.

I had this problem too as of late. I uninstalled WoW a week a go and i have yet to see it happen again.

So i am fairly sure it was the game that did it...
    Problems i have are that the 3rd click on mouse no longer has expose (excuse accent) effect and the active corners stopped working. Also dashboard wouldnt work, i had to actually click the app. (F12 didn't work).

8. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

You mean I'm not the only person with this problem? What a relief. I had this problem all last year, but lately I noticed its stopped (of course my WoW time has declined as well). I wonder what causes WoW to change the Expose settings?

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Hmm… I had my Exposé preferences vanish once, but this was before WoW was installed – it hasn't happened again.

10. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

a work around for this is to log out and then log back in. i know it can be a pain but this is all i could find that works other than manually resetting the pref.

If you wonder why this way is easier for me its is because i have an 8 button mouse and dont remember which is button 4, button 5, button 6, button 7 etc. and have expose' mapped to these keys.
    :(

11. Stacc macrumors 6502a

I had this happen when I played wow. I always just went back and reassigned them only to have them erased within a couple days. It has since stopped happening when I dropped the game. I am not sure what causes it or how to fix it.

I would troll around the mac support board at worldofwarcraft.com. Blizzard has good mac support and chances are someone else has brought it up.

12. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

It's something to do with quitting whilst in window mode or swapping from window mode then quitting or...something.

It's definitely WoW and it's a pain in the bum.

13. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

it might be due to using the assigned exposé hotkeys in WoW (F12 - Dashboard and Auto-run) ill try the WoW forums

14. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

This is defiantly a know issue that has been occurring for several years now. Some time back the chance of it happening was decreased but if you play wow allot be ready to kiss expose hotkeys goodbye.

15. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Yep, Blizzard is well aware of this, and has been looking for the source of the problem/a solution for awhile now.

16. J.Stunnaz Guest

i haven't had that issue, but whenever i play wow in full screen my hard drive icon is moved from the top right corner to the middle right, have any of you had this problem