WoW keeps crashing on my brand new Mac Pro :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by crazycat, Oct 3, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    I just completed my new LAN right here in my house, i have 8 PCs and 1 mac pro which i use a lot. I installed WoW (world of warcraft) and whenever i start it it crashs. This happend 3 times then i just used my pc. I have another Mac Pro which runs wow great without any problems. I thought it might be the RAM since i did buy them from an apple reseller but both of them macs have the same RAM and my finders (about mac) shows me my RAM is normal.

WoW has just been installed there are not add-ons or mods its just a normal version.
  2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    The install could be corrupt - why don't you copy the entire WoW folder from the working installation and use it to replace the broken copy on the other Mac Pro? Might be a good start.

Failing that, running some kind of memory test application would be wise just incase there is some bad RAM there.
  3. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    Alright thanks, i will try that and reply back.
  4. bokdol macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    just as a side note i have a copy of wow on an external drive that i copied from my orriginal install. and i take it where ever i go. works fine. on all the macs i have tried it on.
  5. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Mar 20, 2004
    Not far from Boston, MA.
    WOW file corruption does happen. I had a similar problem, did a complete reinstall and everything worked fine.
  6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    It's unlikely, as your graphics card is likely to be better than mine, but when I first got WoW, it kept crashing all the time due to my graphics card not liking the weather effects shaders. I managed to go into the video options control panel and turn them off and it worked fine. Your graphics card should be able to handle it, but it's worth a try.
  7. patseguin macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2003
    I had constant crashing of WoW on my Mac Pro and I narrowed it down to bad RAM. I ran Memtest and it reported all kinds of errors. I replaced my 3rd party modules with Apple RAM and haven't had a crash since. Memtest reported no errors also.