WoW Keyboard

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBrandi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. iBrandi macrumors member

2. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

No it doesn't. Moreover, read it carefully- it is NOT a keyboard, just an overlay keyset for their proprietary keyboard. You have to buy the Zboard Keyboard too. If you read all the entries on the Keyboard itself, you'll come across some disappointed Mac owners who found out it was incompatibile the hard way.

3. iBrandi thread starter macrumors member

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I never saw this to be that useful any way. I mean it is such a rip off on a key board and they are using some stickers to sell a crap piece of hardware.

My one thought of buying a keyboard was to get another apple white keyboard for my macbook pro to play games as i am used to on my desktop. Still might do it when i get some extra cash for the keyboard. :apple:

5. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I've got a ZBoard for my PC with the WoW keyset. I don't use the keyset at all because all the WoW buttons are on the right side of the keyboard and my right hand is always on the mouse. I use WASD with my left hand and never touch the WoW buttons at all. The Zboard is great for FPS but I would stay away from the WoW keyset for it.

And like everyone above said, the keysets won't work on a Mac. You can use the standard keyboard as it plugs in via USB but the FPS and similar keysets don't do anything on the Mac.

6. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

Bluetooth Keyboard

I don't know if this post belongs here, however, I want to know if anyone has used the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to play WoW. If so, how is the response? Is it a good investment to buy it? Please let me know.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard is the only one i have and i use it for WoW with absolutely no problems.

8. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

I don't have an apple bt mouse, however, I have a Logitech V200 (or 250..it's the BT one) for my PB G4, this won't make performance weaker for WoW or the already being used BT mouse if i use another BT device (BT keyboard)? Thanks.

9. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

I have the apple wireless mighty mouse and keyboard. There is no performance difference at all from a wired setup....feels exactly the same in all things...including WoW.

darren

10. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

Thanks a ton. Really helps me to choose.

- C.M.S.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i wouldn't imagine you'll see any issues using both. i have a cordless mouse, non BT so i can't speak from experience with WoW. but back when i was using the Apple BT mouse with my BT Keyboard i never had any input issues with either so i think you'll be good to go.

12. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

On my Mac mini I sometimes see a little (and I mean very slight) lag from the BT keyboard and mouse. That, and the need for batteries, was why I went wired on the Mac Pro and I'm very glad that I did.

Unless you need to be able to take a keyboard and mouse away from the desktop I'd strongly recommend wired for the best performance and reliability :)