Wow leather case cheaper than most apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stirolak123, Jan 25, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors G3

I bet the leather is really high quality. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 6502

The reviews on Amazon were mixed...I'll stick with the apple case.

4. macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Cool. Thanks for sharing :D

5. macrumors 6502

For $7?!

Tempted to try it just because.

6. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You get what you pay for, while I don't advocate spending > 200 bucks for a handmade vaja case. Spending 7 bucks on a leather case cries out as a cheap poorly made product. Why are most cases in the 50 dollar range and some other "high end" ones closer to a 100. design costs and material costs, clearly this one had to cut some serious corners (pun intended ;) )

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I was ordering a case for someone's phone and saw a "cute" white padfolio case for my iPad. I figured for $10.00 I'd give it a shot.

The leather is ok quality, if it is even leather, but the constriction after about 2 hours of use is shot. It won't stand in landscape mode as you would most padfolio cases to stand (ie: Apple case) and it no longer sits on an incline as you would get with the Apple case. It is completely useless for anything but carrying around. The iPad also slips out ... it went in the trash.

You do get what you pay for but the least of your concerns should be the quality of the leather when you get in that price point; it should be the construction after one use.