WoW like Guild Wars?

Discussion in 'Games' started by G5Unit, May 26, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

My friend just got it and it looks amazing. Just wondering if World of Warcraft is similar, and if the graphics are close to Guild Wars(since it's not out for mac) Also if the gameplay is similar.
    I use a Geforce Fx 5200 Ultra on a PowerMac G5

2. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I have both games and I must say WoW is much better IMO however you do have to pay a monthly fee for WoW. If thats a problem I would just stick with GWs, otherwise give WoW a shot I promise you wont be disappointed.

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

They are two different styles of games. WoW is an actually MMORPG or massive multiplayer online RPG. Where Guild Wars is most of a instanced game. The only time you see a huge mass group of other people is when you are in the towns/districts. Fighting and questing is done through instancing where it sort of puts you in a separate area with your group.

As far as graphics go, two different styles again. WoW is more cartoony, which a lot of people like, and GW is more 3d'ish. Both are good games, but if you're into the whole running into other people while you're exping thing, WoW might be a better game for you. GW is based around player vs. player combat, the max level is 20. Max level in WoW is 60.

Hope that helps some.

_Z

4. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well I definatly want GW but its not out for mac AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

5. AmnesiacOpera macrumors member

Having played both games, I would say they do have many similarities. The main differences are that it GW, the only people you're going to see are your party and NPCs, while in WoW everyone is in the same world. As far as actual gameplay, they are both similar, though WoW seems to be much more thought-out. I prefer WoW over GW, and if you've never tried either game, you are definitely missing out.

6. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

7. sketchy macrumors regular

I play WoW and my neighbor plays both. He enjoys WoW more, and I love the game. I think the interaction with strangers is nice, and being able to play PvP and ambush people on the roads. Being able to get outside help on a hard quest by broadcasting messages is a nice touch in Wow. It is a very robust game with manyt options and ways to play. you should give it a try

Dave