1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

WoW - Mac Pro with ATI X1900 XT - issue

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Willis, Sep 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Willis

Ok, as the title suggests, fired up WoW after a few months not playing... installed the patches... but when I play, the graphics are all... wrong? images not in places, blank layouts and trees stretching to my characters head.

it eases a little then just flickers for while before a full system lock up after 15 mins.

Any suggestions?

2. macrumors member

jeffuwee

it might just be a patch glitch. i saw some videos on youtube where you can see through characters and a the environment looks like a bunch of colors and scribbles. so try reinstalling? i don't think its a graphics card problem.

3. macrumors 68020

Willis

Hmm.. well on my Macbook, it seems to play fine. Hense why I ruled out the patch glitch, but then it could be a patch issue with the 1900XT

Thanks

4. KKS
    macrumors newbie

Overheating?

Is the ATI card overheating? Does your mac pro sound like the fans are on full? If so try cleaning the graphics card.

I have a mac pro with an ATI X1900 XT and I find that I have to regularly clean out the air intake on the card. The air intake gets clogged up with dust ever few months which can cause problems with a noisy mac pro and overheating.

Hope this helps.

5. macrumors 68020

Willis

I quite like this idea... however it does everything else fine and when you boot up the sims 2... no problem.. might just give it ago anyway

6. macrumors 68020

Willis

well I installed burning crusade and it seems to be working fine... extremely bizarre.

Also, currently downloading a 990mb 2.4.3 to 3.0.... WHAT?!