WoW Mac Problems Mostly Solved???

Discussion in 'Games' started by jumpman25, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jumpman25 macrumors regular

I was just wondering if Blizzard has gotten most of the WoW Mac bugs sorted out. I ask this becuase I have not seen any posts about people having problems running WoW lately. Also, I was wondering (if there are still problems with it) if there are bugs that deal with the Mobility 9700. It seems that most people were reporting decent performance on iBooks and 12" powerbooks, but people were reporting worse performance on 15" and 17" powerbooks, and on iMacs and powermacs. Have these problems been solved? Thanks

2. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

WoW has been running very well on my MDD Dual 1.25 with GeForce 4Ti 128 and 2 gigs of ram since after the December 20th patch. The only issues that I occasionally notice are completely white players running through Orgrimmar and the water in Wailing Caverns was flashing white other than that, it's completely playable... my PC is collecting dust.

Framerate could always be better, but for a 2 year old machine... I have no complaints.

My server uptime on the other hand... is a different story.

For the Horde! (On Deathwing)

3. applekid macrumors 68020

My guess is Apple's 10.3.8 update *could* fix up remaining problems (there's some OpenGL and nVidia card enhancements). It's really only a guess, but Blizzard and Apple have been working closely on this problem, so I think Apple might have some updating to do, too.

4. Koree macrumors 6502

Well what kind of comp do you have? It runs fine on mine (though i could use a heck load of more ram) If you have anything even near being recent, it should run fine.

Alliance Rogue on Darkspear

5. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a 15" 1.5 powerbook on the way. I upgraded the VRAM to 128 and the hard drive to 5400 RPM. It just seemed like people with iBooks and 12" powerbooks were getting better performance than those who had the Mobility 9700. This is why I was wondering if there was a driver issue with the mobility 9700 or if blizzard had fixed most of the problems.

P.S. I sure hope it runs good on your Dual 2.5.

6. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I have the same Powerbook you describe... WoW runs pretty well on it thanks to the most recent patch, and Mac OS X 10.3.7. You'll notice some slow downs in crowded cities, or anywhere else where there are a lot of players. Aside from that it works well though.

Of course, game playability is highly subjective so you may get a wide range of opinions. It also depends a lot on WoW's video settings... you're going to get really bad framerates unless you turn the clip plane way down.

7. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, the slowdowns in towns and crowded areas is not just with Mac, it happens with pc to. My buddy has a PC with an X800 Pro, Athlon 64 3200+, and a gig of HyperX, and his computer slows down to under 10 FPS when it is crowded. It sounds like a lot of Mac people may be assuming that these slowdowns only occur on Mac because they have never seen a PC run the game. Granted, when my buddy is not in crowded areas he gets a constant 40-60 FPS and he has all settings as high as they will go, including viewing distance. Another thing to note is that he plays on either 3mbps cable connection, or on a T3 line. So I think it is more to do with the servers when slowdowns are experienced.

8. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

What's your name? I may have ganked you... :p

lvl 52 Human Priest on DeathWing