Wow mac scene is slow

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Mar 6, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

I just checked the mac sceen forum for the first time in like 2 weeks and the same thread about mac gaming being dead is at the top. Whats the next big mac game. Call to duty in april? Is there something in the mean time to play?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

In approximately two weeks, UT 2004 will come out. And "Call of Duty" was pushed back to May.

3. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

I think Unreal sucks. The demo was flashy and cool at first but blaaa. The warthog is so slow. oh wait the hummer thing. The damage is also really stupid. I would buy Halo again instead of unreal anyday. Mac Os need a respectable tactical shooter like counterstrike.Rainbow six doesnt count that game is not very fun either. Plus multiplayer doesnt work because its only mac vs mac. SO no one is even there. :eek: :mad

Damn you aspyr media!!!!
    oh wait your the only company that releases anything worth while

4. LoadRunner macrumors member

Well I just picked up a copy of No One Live For Ever 2. A couple company have published 3, 5, or 6 packs of last years hits. Alice is worth a play through if you haven't tried it yet. The WoW beta should be some time soon witch include macs. ATI seeking mac beta testers. Sim City Rush hour is out. Blizzard has released new maps for warcraft III frozen shade.

Onnestly i'm tired of these trolling topics. I wish an admin would step in and delte some of the garbage. People see what they want to see.

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I hope, you didn't buy your Power Mac G5 just for gaming, did you? If that's the case, you should think about getting a PC instead. For gaming on the Mac the G5 is unbeatable, but for gaming in general a PC is the right choice.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Please dont mention Halo, its just more buggy junk from microstink. They still have a lot of work to do on that game in my H.O, Doom3 is the next looker and we are waiting.Couple more months? In the mean time a few laps of Nascar at Bristol or some multiplayer Wolfenstein as a engineer and im just fine. :cool:

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah because counterstike is much more tacitcal than rainbow six, i mean you just hop around and shoot people instead of maping out your weapons, meeting points, objectives, skills and real life scenarios :rolleyes:

iJon

8. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

NASCAR? are you insane you want to play a game based on the most boring sport of all time. Wolfenstein? your living in the past.

I am an student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. The main purpose for my G5 is Final Cut Pro, dreamweaver, and photoshop.

9. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

ijon do you like Rainbow Six? the first levels were okay.. The rest was just crap. How do you explain the multiplayer as long as your defending the game

10. LoadRunner macrumors member

Alright why not just tell us what game you want, because obvious you have some thing specific in mind.

11. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

I dont know something fun for someone who is growing out of games... FPS would be nice. I am excited for COD

12. LoadRunner macrumors member

lol so basically some one need to come up with a completely new innovative game. Have you had a chance to play Prince of Persia the sand of time? It's not an os x game, at the moment, but it still fun for the xbox or ps2. I hear the pc version riddle with problems.

13. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

ive played the leaked version of half life 2 it was the best game I have ever played in my life. Excluded a few RPGs. Aspyr needs to port that game

14. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

prince of persion was one of the games i was interested in for a week

15. LoadRunner macrumors member

That would be great. But for the game to be really enjoyable they would have to put allot of work into rebuilding the engine. Other wise it'll just be another poorly ported game that gets 25 fps on a computer that could easily do 80. I wonder how many other game will end up using the half life two engine, but considering the history of half life I'm not holding my breath.

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Missing out on Nascar 2002 or 2003 is your problem not mine, Think its boring? you must not have a wheel and pedals powermacg5. Bristol is anything but boring. You must be referring to those long restricter plate tracks. I suggest you try to catch a Bristol night race in real life or on your Mac. better then any F1 sorry though i still like F1 not one car comes home from those short tracks like Bristol without a few dents. :)

17. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

racing is boring. Crashes are pretty sweet though

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats why Bristol sells more tickets then the superbowl, is anyone home? Come on guys even if you think Racing is boring just give Bristol 10 or 15 minutes and you will see a few crashes,fender benders etc. Nascar needs more medium and short tracks. Sure I like Jr and Daytona but its just beter when those plates are removed on the shorter tracks. Anyways the best stuff comes to Mac and Ut 2004 is the last, anyone playing a Great Flight simulator? Anyone have Xplane? I have been thinking of it.

19. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

20. JamesDPS macrumors regular

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/ :D

gotta say personally i can only deal with watching GT-type racing (i.e. "real" cars on a track), rally, and, i guess, F1. but when you're the one racing (against a bunch of friends, especially), even nascar (the endless left turn) is pretty fun.

can't wait for the real release of HL2... 'course, that's on my winblows box, which exists for the same reason as my PS2 and XBOX... only since owning a wintel machine have i truly come to appreciate macs, but i still recommend it for games (so easy to find them on IRC, why not try before you buy? ;)) in the mean time, just get an XBOX and do your gaming on that.

21. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Dude, youre a classic forum troll, please find something to say other than shooting down what other people say.

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

the SuperBowl of Nascar Racing. The Hardest Ticket to get.Wrecks galore, hard fast Nascar racing and pounding action. Like I said no one comes out without a scratch,dented,broken or wrecked car. Its that simple. There can be only one. :eek: Here is a little picture notice no seats are Empty.

Attached Files:

23. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I agree with Don't Hurt Me.

I love Nascar 2003! Even if we hardly get to see the real Nascar over here in Europe...
    You'll be needing a fast Mac, and a steering wheel is a MUST. Damage must be on to make this game a gr8 experience. F1 is far better known over here, but the F1 2000 game is less fun, IMHO.
    What I would like to see is a good rally-game. Rally Shift is available, but that game is not in the same league as the PC rally games like Collin McRae Rally.

BTW, the wait for DOOM 3 seems to go on and on forever..... We heard about it 3 years ago, and we still are uncertain when it will be released (April 1st, right.... April fools day ;) )

24. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Well I am really excited about world of warcraft! And MMORPG communities can be really FUN!

25. hardon macrumors regular

Classic games, the likes of Wolfenstein will never die!! probably the best first person youll ever play!!!

im also looking forward too Call of Duty, although i hear it has the same graffix engine as medal of honor? i wasnt impressed.

you want stealth and cunning you do worse than americas army

http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/

and its free.

in the mean time, like "Dont Hurt Me" ill stick to wolf, and the occasional battle on warcraft :p