Wow, MBP C2D on backorder already?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DVNIEL, Oct 28, 2006.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

Oct 28, 2003
    Well I just got some pretty downer news from the Applecare rep who is helping me with my C2D replacement. He sent me an e-mail today (Saturday, 1:38m PST) stating the progress of my replacement and sent me the following message:

No worries about bugging me. The news is not good. There is a pretty significant backorder on these. This could mean that they are about to rev that model and everyone will get a free upgrade or it could mean that we can't get some part or other needed for final assembly so we just can't finish the things. (those are just examples as I knew you would ask what backorder meant in this case)

I will be back on Tuesday and will find out what more I can for you then. I should have move info available.

Sorry for the bad news.

Upgrading everyone? Hhmm... you know it would be interesting if Apple pulled off what they did when the first MBP came out, and bumped the speed intended to be released. I doubt it since they've already started sending them to people.

Well before he sent me this e-mail, I spoke to a dispatch rep and told me that my shipment was packed up and ready to go on Monday, and they even upgraded me to expedited shipping. I hope he's wrong.
  2. 5150 Joker macrumors member

Oct 24, 2006
    Davis, California
    I doubt there's any upgrade going on, probably just backordered. I'm a first time mac owner (or will be once mine ships) so I'm sure there's a lot of others like me that bought this new MBP.