wow north philly ~

Discussion in 'Community' started by nizz, Aug 29, 2004.

1. nizz macrumors regular

so i was eating dinner last night, when my family and i heard a gunshot. we went outside and saw a guy laying there...... he wasn't moving, so i'm pretty sure it was a critical shot.

shortly after, cop cars appeared right after another, before i knew it, there were 10 cop cars, 1 fire truck, and 0 ambulances. this was like 15 minutes after.... i just kept thinking in my head, "this guy is so dead, where the hell is the ACTUAL help"

2 more minutes and an ambulance came... took them about 5 minutes to strap him and carry him away...

lesson here: don't get shot in philly!

update: he died
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/...ies_neighborhoods/philadelphia/9527633.htm?1c

response to #1 -there was a cop at a nearby 7-11 store right around the corner, he showed up before i even knew what happened

2. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Why didn't you help? :confused: You could have help stop bleeding or something. Just curious.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

what the hell man, don't put that on him. if there were gun shots and a cop was already there i would stay away.

iJon

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Unless you were really watching your watch, time tends to go slower in an emergency then you thing. The time of arrival all has to do with the distance from the scene. The fireman and policeman also receive first aid training. I'm sure that if there was something that could have been done they would have. Also bystanders often try to assist and injured person.

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Sorry. I guess it did come across a little harsh.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's just a night in the life of North Philly.

Sorry to hear that someone else has become a victim, Feltonville isn't the worst area though. When I lived there, the police had pretty much stopped going into Logan because of the Jamaican drug business.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

i don't know if everyone's instinct is to rush in and help - but he did say that shortly after the cops arrived. once they're there, you would just be in the way.

Totally sucks, though. Weird how there is no info on the whole thing. Why even mention it in the paper? :confused:

D

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What if it was just a stray bullet or something? Probably not, but the purpose of gunfire may not be related to you at all, y'know?

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It happens far too frequently so, unless there were several victims, they don't really mention many details. It's a shame, nevertheless. The Temple University hospital is deluged with stab and gun shot wounds. :(