Wow now how'd he do that? The backgrounds gone white!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JW8725, Apr 21, 2006.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

People of photography, I would like to draw your attention to the following link:

http://www.tipsfromthetopfloor.com/wp-content/ebayphoto.jpg

I'm at a wits end trying to work out how this snappers managed to make the background completely white. I'm ashamed of my carpet and want to hide it from view. Anyone shed some light?

Be nice i'm still a photo-newbie!

2. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'm pretty sure its a pretty standard photoshop job. No special photography there as far as I know!

3. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah erm I'd like to know how exactly? Where to go, what buttons to press..etc? Cheers

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

My guess is they just used the outline selection tool and traced around the edges to crop it out of the original image, then add a new background layer (white). Easy peasy.

5. angelneo macrumors 68000

What I would do is to first remove (or white-fill) those obvious places like the right and top-left part using selection tools. Then just do a replace color on the white areas and turning up the lightness all the way to the max to blend the immediate surrounding to white. Some brushing tool is needed to remove the shadow on the left corner and then finally some adjustment to the brightness and contrast

Attached Files:

6. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I'm pretty sure all he did was adjust levels to bring the background pure white. He then erased the darker areas. I tried this out myself and got identical results with the shadow patterns and the color of the blue thing (what is that?)

Here's a screen shot of the levels adjustment layer I used:

Attached Files: