WoW on ibook

Discussion in 'Games' started by Anarchy99, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

how would WoW play on my ibook its the new 1.2ghz

2. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

to be honest if u got a iBOOK, i suggest maxing out ur ram

or just get a powerbook..

i had a iBOOK but upgraded to a powerbook a few weeks later

took a small lost but it was well worth

learned alot of stuff...about the iBOOK and powerbook after owning them 2...

sadly i never try WOW yet because i wont be playing it that much...

3. rccola70 macrumors regular

Dunno why a lot of people ask does "insert game title" work on my "insert mac" but you should go to the website and check out minumim requirements.

but anyways, I know that the iBook will run WoW fine. More than 256 Mb of ram would only help.

4. starstreak macrumors 6502

I know why I asked that kind of question. I'm new to the Mac and don't know the true potential of it. And the fastest way to get a true-world use answer is to ask it on a busy board.
    Oh, WoW works OK on the PB 12in w/768mb ram. Slower than my Inspiron 6800 but thats liek compairing a fully loaded Civic to a Mustang. The Civic has loads of features, is decent in speed, small and every day usefull. The Mustang will stop the Civic in horsepower, but almost the same features but weighs so much more than the civic.

5. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

i asked because 1)what game companies say can play a game doesn't or at least cant play it at a semi-enjoyable level
    2)im canadian so i dont want to pay 60-80 depending on what WoW i get and $20 a month just to find out it cant realy play

6. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Small warning ... usually these kind of question on a board like this does not give a more accurate answer compared to the the minimum specs on the game's website. You get people who will claim that the game runs like a charm on their 450MHz G3 even if the minimum specs are 800GHz G4 and you'll get people who claim that the game sucks on a dual 1.8GHz G5 with Radeon 9800.