WoW on the new iBooks?

Discussion in 'Games' started by skubish, Jul 29, 2005.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Anyone tried WoW on the new iBooks. I am curious as to the performance and what settings used. I expect it to be a little better performance that the old iBooks.

2. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Im curious too, it runs ok on my pc, but im probablly goign to get one of the new 1.33ghz ibooks next month for school, how does WoW run on it? Also how does it run on the 12" powerbook?

3. robo74 macrumors 6502

from the one bench I have seen, it has a very slight gain.
    With that being said, I have the previous generation 14in 1.33G4 and my wow runs just fine. Gets a bit choppy when you get to a well populated area, but the G5 I had also took a hit when I was in a high populated area.

Rob

4. Tristan_X macrumors newbie

Should run fine

I'm using a 1GHz PowerBook with a bunch of RAM and the game runs fine. Dense population areas seem to be a pain for everyone - so don't hate your mac and regret your decision the first time you visit Ironforge.

5. skubish thread starter macrumors 68030

skubish

Sounds like the performance I get with my PC. Only lags in the big cities.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the lag in big cities is server lag, for the most part. The new ibooks should handle WoW fairly well, especially with 1 or 1.5 gigs of RAM.

7. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

As am I, even with terrain and texture turned up high it runs fine. Every patch it seems to get better and better...

8. kant macrumors 6502

Hmm. Glad to hear that. I've been waffling on buying it since the 1ghz/1.25gb is what I have.