Wow posting on this mac forum with a dreamcast

Discussion in 'Games' started by madmax_2069, Oct 8, 2005.

1. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

Wow id never thought that the dreamcast would post on this forum but now i know i can. my dsl when to crap i dunno what the problem is but till it gets fixed ill be on dialup speed on my dreamcast i dont have no dialup modem for my mac it sucks cause i was looking forward to some diablo 1 or 2 and ut but the lil dreamcast will work ive done it before i got a few online games to play with like 4x4 evo, quake 3 arena,f 355 chalenge, starlancer, maximum pool, and phantisy star online playing on the home brew servers. this is sweet but also sucks cause of the slow speed of dialup

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'm sorry, what?

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Er... yeah... you do that...

People have also posted from PSPs, and I *think* a DS (via Natrium42's serial connection/telnet program)

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

He has an old Sega Dreamcast and has connected it to the internet using the inbuilt modem and is now using it to post on this forum.
    [​IMG]

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Thats pretty cool i remember the days when i used to browse the net on my dreamcast, The memories :rolleyes:

Shadow

6. rjboger macrumors newbie

What ISP still supports the dreamCast?

7. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Any ISP its just a normal 56k connection, I think dreamcast has some form of windows installed on it, 98 or NT I think.

8. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

9. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

A keyboard came out for the dreamcast but if he doesnt have it he can scroll through letters with the gamepad.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hah nice one!

i bought a Dreamcast 2nd hand a couple of years ago. brilliant deal. DC and 60 odd games; 3 controllers and 1 arcade stick. then my mum rang me up one day, apparently they were selling official Dreamcast keyboards in PoundLand so she picked one up for me :D
    will have the internet on that thing :)

it doesn't impress me muchly though, not on DC or PSP. they've got built in web browsers! its the machines like DS that sorta impresses. i they got it working on GBA i'd say WOW but would never use it myself. yea :)

11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I still remember my first MR PSP post...

But I'm sure the dreamcast is better because of a real keyboard, no?

The PSP is like a cell phone when it comes to typing. literally.

12. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Is the internet on a psp free or do you have to connect to a wireless network you ahve access to?

13. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well obviously you would have to connect to a wireless network, or how would the PSP go online. :confused:

14. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Sorry I had a brain fart for a second :eek:

15. madmax_2069 thread starter macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

the only isp's that are dreamcast compatable are the ones thet use the ppp protocall. Ive even used netzero but you have to do wierd things with the user name and pass i guess its kinda like a code to get it to work and they like to kill your account cause it cant run the adbanner to make it free and only have 10 hour's to use it. but i have sbc dsl witch comes with free unlimited dialup accses.you cant use AOhell cause it dont use ppp. yea i have a kb and mouse and and a vga adapter so i can use the dc on a vga monitor and a custom browser called XDP you can download and burn to cdrfrom www.psilocybindreams.com . i also have planet web 2.0, 2.6, 3.0 . yea its a little slow cause its on dialup. there is like a tuneling thing you can do to let the dreamcast without a BBA connect to dsl . it uses the dsl that u accses with the nic card in the pc and puts signal to a dialup modem in the pc or mac to send the signal to the dialup modem on the dc but its capped 33k up and 33k down cause the upload on any dialup modem is capped at 33k. there is alot of info at www.onlineconsoles.com for dreamcast they scedule online games for the dc whats left of them any how there is still a few good games that are online for it. i got my dsl fixed now im on my macintosh sweet the speed of dsl and a mac

16. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Well I'm glad you guys could translate what he said. Because I couldn't.

Heh, I had no idea you could browse via a console or portable.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I remember trying to go online with my Pocket PC. see i just missed the moment when they all went WiFi, so i had to go online with the dock instead. god that was a pain :D my handwriting changes so much the Pocket PC just didn't know what was happening.

18. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The Dreamcast uses a form of Windows CE. I remember the Dreamcast, it was a really good system. I loved it to death but I ended up giving it to my friend who lived next door to me in the dorms at the end of my first year of college. He had gone through really tough times and he loved my Dreamcast so I couldn't let myself leave without giving it to him. I do miss it, though. I loved Sega systems.

19. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I think i posted on MR with my Dreamcast once, I love that thing, in fact it's still my primary console, though I use my PSP more. I have two keyboards for some reason too, which makes for silly type-offs and such, but overall I think the Dreamcast compares very well to the PS2 which I had for a while then got rid of because it wasn't much of a leap better than the Dreamcast except for the number of games available

A++++
    for still suing your Dreamcast Senor! Never Let It Die!

20. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Classic Mac response.

:rolleyes:

And people wonder why Apple fans are considered blind and zealous.

21. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I'm sorry, I couldn't translate what you just said.......... :cool:

22. yenko macrumors 6502a

W H O A A ! :D :D :D

I must be getting old! :p

23. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Because if your intrested in computers you should also be knowledgable about technology.

Computers, Consoles, Hi Fi, Cameras, Mobile Phones, Digital Television etc.

It like sport, you may be be a football fan but you will also know about Rugby, Tennis, Motor Sport etc.

24. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Or you could say that anyone who assumes that any person who uses a computer *must* also know bunches about every other digital device ever made, who *must* read /. or even know what it is or have an innate understanding of every hack/mod available for every digital device ever made is blind or a zealot.