WOW Quest tracker

Discussion in 'Games' started by Philgr, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Philgr macrumors regular

Just got this and just leaning the ropes,

Is there any way of tracking which quests you have already completed ??

Thanks in advance

Phil G

2. Badradio macrumors 6502

I can't think of anything, unless there's a plugin that lets you do it. The only workaround I know of is if someone in your group has a quest you've done and tries to share it with you, it tells them "X has already completed that quest". Not much use as a quest tracker though.

3. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

It's a non-issue. There are thousands of quests, and you won't do many of them, because you will level too fast for all of them to remain worthwhile. The only time the issue of "did I do this quest already" has come up for me has been when I'm in a group and someone has an open quest. In which case, you will be informed when you try to share.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You might try looking through the available mods at http://ui.worldofwar.net

Just search for "Quest" or something like that... surely there is something that keeps track of which quests you've completed. That being said, it is rather irrelevant to know which ones you've completed. Is there a reason you want to know which ones you've done? If we know the reason we might be able to tell you something more.

5. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

6. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i've heard about Cosmos but where can i download it?

7. Arcus macrumors 6502a

Goolge + Cosmos Wow = http://www.cosmosui.org/

Go to Google and bookmark it . Its kinda handy on the interweb.

8. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

cosmos is so laggy and cluttered. titan is so much better

9. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

After 4 60's 200 days (of play time) and way to many late night raids I would say you don't really need the kind of mod you are talking about. The only reason to worry about requests is chains that get you items and most of those are later on around the end game.

Friends have gotten keyloggers tied to Worldofwar.net I would highly recommend not using it.

10. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Weird... never heard about that... then again... on a Mac ya know... :)

11. fall3n macrumors 6502

i've tried the UI packages, but they are FAR to cluttered and there are many useless things. I've found getting each one individually works best. Start with Titan Panel and build your way up. My favs are (names might not be correct, i'm at work):

Titan Panel
    Gatherer
    Atlas
    AF_ToolTip Extreme (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2416)
    QuickLoot Improved (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2611) - out of date, but still works

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Titan Panel is a memory hog. Get back 10fps or so and use FuBar instead.

I use Cosmos as a basis and delete the mods I don't want/need and tack on the key ones that are missing, like FuBar.

FuBar
    Perl Frames
    CastParty
    CT_Raid
    Auctioneer
    Enchatrix

The compilations are good as a foundation but there's a lot to go through. Once you trim the fat, it's pretty good.

13. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I second that. I found Titan very useful, but experienced a drop in performance after installing it. I switched to Fubar and notice much better performance. I would recommend using any Ace2 add ons, they're great with memory usage.

14. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Well I often gloat about this to my guild, but you still have to be careful. There have been a few posts here and there on the mac support boards of people getting key logged on a mac. Its definitely not as bad as windows loggers that can install off your browser but if you get a bad UI mod you can just as easily be hacked.