WOW Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by ieani, Jun 15, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Is it possible for the game to be sold without an account?

Do they bill you automatically or do you need to renew a subscription manually each time it runs out?

thanks!

2. The Red Wolf macrumors regular

The Red Wolf

Questions Answered

Hey there,

World of WarCraft requires an account as the game is persistant and online. This account keeps track of your information and allows you access to the world itself. If you're looking for WarCraft related games without an online cost, there is always WarCraft III and its expansion.

There are a few ways to pay for accounts. With a credit card or a game card. Game cards last for two months and need to be rentered, if their 60 days lapse, your account is "Frozen" until a new card is added. With a credit card, you can choose a renewable monthly term or for less of a cost overall a six month term which is also renewable (There are other options of time for less of a discount)

The game can be very addictive. I myself use game cards simply because I don't like giving my information out online about credit cards due to some ID theft in the past. The game cards are really easy to use, log in to your account form http://www.worldofwarcraft.com (there is a manage account button), scratch off the game card, enter the number, click add game card, type in the number and you get to a thank you page, logout and you're back in buisness. Also you can add a game card for additional days before your subscription runs out. (this is automatic with a credit card).

Hope that helps. Also, there are 10 day trial accounts if you need one I could send one your way to see if you like the game. But that may addict you and then the Borg come over and jack you into WoWC and it's all over from there... I'm kidding of course. Or am I? Reistance is Futile.

~Rotwulf AKA Amaradannach on the RP Server Feathermoon~

My Guildsite:
    http://web.mac.com/rotwulf/iWeb/Sentinels_of_Nordrassil

3. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

Thanks for the help! But I have the game already :p My account has been disabled because of this huge ordeal aka long story and I was wondering if its possible to get another account? Or if I sold it couold someone get another account?

4. Badradio macrumors 6502

As far as I know, the only way to get an account is to enter the verification code printed on the label on the game box. Once that number has been used and the account "banned", the box is worthless, as anyone buying it would need to buy another copy to get a fresh code.

5. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

Thats what i needed to know thanks.

The long story:

In IF a guy requested a friendly duel outside the AH, hes a 42 priest, im a 31 pally. This is right across from the AH. We duel and its close, were both low in health. Then he mind controls me and throws me off the edge that the bridge transverses. I die. He comes over and laughs at me with some other friends that same say some things to me. He refuses to rez me so i explode in Yell at him, saying some fairly explict things. He reports me along with his friends and about 4 other people well thats what they told me. I log out, out of frustration. A few days go by and nothing happens. Then I go to log in and cannot and have not been able to for 5 days now. I receieved only an email that I was warned.

6. halVORTEX macrumors newbie

halVORTEX

I too have been kicked out of the game for a period of time due to yelling vulgarities in Ironforge. I got an email saying i couldnt play for so many hours. I dont remember how many exactly i think it was 3 to 6hrs but it didnt bother me becuase i was going to bed anyways. You should try and email blizzard about the problem. Did it say in your email how long you would be suspended from the game?

7. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

No they never notified me but I delted the game already and sent a request to cancel my subscription. Further pursuit is a waste of time, if this is their idea of justice.

8. CraigB macrumors member

I have an iMac @ 1.83 ghz + 1.2 GB ram (and of course the standard X1600 card). Approximately how many fps should I get on average?

I have a really a low-tolerance for choppy games, and if WOW can't run near perfect on my machine(on medium settings or something), I'll probably get myself Guildwars or something....

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

You shouldn't notice any performance problems at all. I have an iMac with 2 GB of RAM and I never experience any type of lag at all, even in IF. I also have my settings pretty maxed out.