WoW refer a friend for a free 10 days, you get a month free if they sign up!

Discussion in 'Games' started by chaos86, Oct 24, 2005.

1. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

2. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

oh btw, does anyone have one of these referals I can use? I've been trying to justify joining but the S.O. won't let me. If it's free she can't complain (for the first 10 days at least).

Chris

3. persianpunisher macrumors regular

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

From the OP's link...
    so it looks like 10 hours and NOT 10 days.

JUST KIDDING... I just went straight to the WoW website and this is what is posted:
    WoW site

5. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

If any one here wants one of the free ten day trials PM me. Heck Ill even give you a few gold if you make an account off the trail code :)

6. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

anybody know a way for me to get ISOs of the CDs or DVD for this game? I've been leeching for 5 days now and I'm only at about 30%. anybody know where I can find an activatable demo or just the ISO's to download or maybe someone could just host them on a large file server for me? fyi (for mods too) it's not illegal to distribute if the ISOs still require a key.

7. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

If you can find the beta somewhere, you can use that. Maybe FilePlanet has it.

8. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

nope, couldn't find the beta anywhere on fileplanet or through google. i think they pulled it after the full version came out. anyone still have the beta? or anyone feel like being generous to me and ISO the install discs for me?

9. lfielder06 Guest

does anyone have a 10 day guest pass code I could use. I have never played a game like this, but want to get into one. I just don't want to shell out the $15 until I know it is good. Please PM me the code. Thanks

10. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

If you have a copy of the game to install, I'd be happy to give you my free trial code to test out the game. Hopefully you'll fall in love and I'll get some free time out of the deal too. :)

Send me a PM for the code, but please be sure you have access to the game CDs first.

11. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I have a friend that wants to start playing. How do i get credit for recruiting him? I did not recieve the email. I can install on his cpu tho but i do want the free month ...:confused:

12. joerao macrumors newbie

WoW Refer a Friend Trial Code needed

Hey all thanks for the info.

I plan on joining up today if anyone would like to share their 10-day code.

Send an email to joe@joerao.com.

Thanks

Joe

13. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Says who? Far as I know it is still illegal.

14. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

this whole marketting scheme is based of people giving other people copies of the software. how can bliz expect people to get their friends hooking on WoW without copying the software?

anyway when you buy software you're buying a box a cd and a key. look at adobe and macromedia. you can download photoshop in it's entirety, fully functional software and adobe gives you a free 30 day key for it, but after that you need to buy a set of twenty something letters and numbers to activate it for $500. you pay for the right to use it, not the discs (or disk images).

15. signius macrumors newbie

Does anyone still have it?

I wanna get into this game and i have the cd's with me so you'll get your 1 month free for sure. Plz help me:)

UPDATE: Thanks AoWolf for giving me your trial key i promise to activate it

16. macten macrumors newbie

You still need to buy the key. You can't even utilise the key on a used game if it has been activated. Once the key is used, it belongs to that account and the account doesn't expire, even if you stop paying.

You can probably get around this if you have a friend who has stopped playing and you take over payment on his account.

I just researched this as I am heading out after work to purchase my own copy.

The way I see it I am happy to shell out money to a gaming company that has both the Mac version and Windows out at the same time and in the same box! :)

17. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I can't belive im doing this, but....im re-installing WoW...oh man....i said i wouldn't do this again, but here i go....anyone in a good clan that can refer a fellow MR member??

18. signius macrumors newbie

What i did is i asked my friend to borrow his WoW software and installed in on my computer while using AoWolf's free trial key and im up and running playing the game:)
    Does anyone know if those keys can also be used on European WoW software? I ask because im gonna create an additional account on a Euro server just wanted to know before i get another trial key.

19. signius macrumors newbie

LOL now i have a free 10day cd key from buying the game, If anyone still needs one just pm me.

20. RobHague macrumors 6502

I have one of these keys too -- Anyone after trying it let me know. :)

21. brettsinn macrumors newbie

Could someone send me an invite.

brettsinn+gmail.com

22. signius macrumors newbie

23. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

It's a pity that EVE: Online isn't for Mac yet. I'm certain it would take a significant chunk of players away from WoW (personal opinion).

24. Ronin-Wolf macrumors newbie

Does anybody please have one of those trial keys?

Please can somebody help me get one of those keys, I have the European version so have the CD's, but want to get onto the US servers to join my clan who have migrated over to Arthas from Deathwing for some reason. But I can't get the US version until I’ve sorted out everything for the holidays. So if anybody could please help me I would be very grateful :) .

BTW, would anybody who gave me a key be able to get the free month if I didn't make an account out of the trial straight away, because I do plan to make it into an account but it might not be for a few weeks after :(

25. msbsound macrumors regular

Available Key

If anyone is still looking. I have an available 10 day pass for the US. Just PM me if interested.