WoW Release Date Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games' started by BrianKonarsMac, Nov 4, 2004.

1. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    Blizzard announced WoW will hit retail stores on Nov. 23rd, rejoice!

World Of Warcraft
  2. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for the heads up, time for me to pre-order I think!
  3. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2004
  4. shortyjj macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2004
    I've waited so long for this game, and on the verge of it being released...

It's $50 to purchase, and anywhere from $13-$15/month. Does this seem a little steep? Probably worthwhile for those people who spend their lives playing, but for the rest? You get a month free, so if you expect to be playing for six months, buy the multi-month pack and plan on dropping $128.

5. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    I know I meet the minimum requirements listed on their site, but this is a question to those who played the beta. What kind of performance should I expect running a Dual 1GHz G4, w/ 1GB RAM, and an GeForce 4Ti w/ 128 MB RAM?
  6. xgsrpg macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    I can't tell you any specifics about your machine, but I can tell you it will definitely be playable/enjoyable, if not more. If you want to put it into perspective, I have a 1.5GHz PB G4 with Radeon 9700 128MB and 512MB of RAM, and I usually get 8-19FPS at 1280x854 res. With the extra RAM and some settings adjustment, I would say you could probably get it up into the 20s.

WoW is an interesting game, performance-wise. I was expecting my P4 2.26 (512MB RAM, Ti4600 128MB gfx card) to beat the pants out of my PowerBook, but it didn't. It got me around 17-29FPS. That's a lot better but I thought it would me much better.
  7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    what are the rates per month? have they released that yet? :confused:

i know i will buy this game on day of release can you pre-order the collectors edition anywhere?
  8. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    Ouch. yeah... a little expensive for a monthly fee. I might be wrong, but this monthly fee is the highest I've seen thus far for a MMORPG.
  9. xgsrpg macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    If you are like most people and sign up for 6 or more months, $12.99 is not the highest fee.

Star Wars Galaxies charges $14.99 for 1-month and $12.99 a month for 6mo plans, also. Compared to other games, EverQuest charges $12.95/month for regular and $10.95 for 6mo plan. FFXI costs $12.95 for monthly, with no special bulk plans.
  10. shenysys macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2004
    If my memory servers me well, SOE charge about $20 per month for the legend server of Everquest

11. Drgnhntr macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2004
    San Diego
    I think that is way too much money for just one game. Also, I play games for years not months, and if I were to play this game as long as I have played Starcraft it will cost me over $800. When does it end? Is there any chance of a stand alone version?
  12. xgsrpg macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    I agree with you. It is very expensive for a video game. However, most other big MMORPGS charge around the same ballpark for monthly pricing. I was hoping that Blizzard would be more reasonable than them, but obviously Blizzard is going to stick with the rest of the market now. Probably the publisher (Vivendi) also had some say in this matter. If all the other MMORPGs are charging $13-$15 a month, they know people will subscribe at the price. There's no reason for a big price drop.
  13. iZzle macrumors member

Jul 16, 2004
    Last time I looked @ playing EQ it was 12.99 per month but that was one month subs. O well... Does anyone know about the "exclusive in-game pet" from the collectors edition? :confused: