WoW server recommendations?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Diatribe, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

This question I asked in the other thread but here it is again because others may have a similar question, with some add-on:

I just started with WoW and I lvled my Elve pretty fast to lvl16 in three days but I seem to have mistakenly registered on the emptiest server around. Is there any chance that it will fill up in a reasonable amount of time or should I just abandon that server?

And if I follow the advice of the poster in the other thread to choose another server what is a good population to join since I don't really feel to compete with the low-lvl chars of higher lvl players with all perfect gear, etc.?

I guess I'd really rather stay on my server but a 1,700 population just kinda sucks.

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'd stick with it. Soon enough you'll wish there were not so many on the server. Rexxar was like tht at first, but it seems pretty full now. Yours will fill up.

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

There are pros and cons to full and empty servers, when I started on the European server Draenor it was very new and almost empty, no waits to get on at peak periods and no waiting for that rare mob to respawn either, downside was that guilds were rare and usually crap, pick-up groups rarely worked well and it was difficult to clear some of the mid level quests.

Now it's chock full and the guilds and pog play is great, but I often have to wait 10 mins to get on, and you have to fight through a crowd at the entrance to instances and BGs.

Win some, lose some I guess, it'll pick up quickly.

4. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe