WoW Servers down again...

Discussion in 'Games' started by cubist, Mar 26, 2006.

1. cubist macrumors 68020

... and again, not a word on the worldofwarcraft.com realm status page.

This game has the worst server availability I've ever seen, for any service of any kind. If they were a telecom company they'd be out of business in a week. They have multiple outages of multiple servers several times a week, and the game costs more per month than my VOIP telephone line.

Is anyone keeping statistics? I think they should give us all a month credit at the very least.

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I play on the european servers and in the past 3 months that Ive been playing the servers only went down once for around 2-3 hours.

3. Quantum Man macrumors member

Down at 4:30? I was playing then and it was fine. No lag at all.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If you had played in beta and just after release, any server stability issues now would seem like a cakewalk. They've made miles of improvements. Last April I had 7 days extra free play time because the servers were out for 2-4 day blocks so many times.

5. cubist thread starter macrumors 68020

OK, so the idea of some credit won't be totally alien to them.

I can't think of any other computer-based service I've used with such poor availability. The servers must be running under Windows ME :D

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

7. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

This has been happening constantly the last 2 weeks in the Rexxar realm. I don't know how much time and items/$ I've lost. Blizzard will only state "to read the agreement yadayadayada....not responsible".

8. Quantum Man macrumors member

Has anyone been able to play yet with v1.10? Or are they still trying to implement the patch?

9. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Hopefully they'll have the patch working by next Tuesday, so we can play this game again :)
    It's been down all day today.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It will probably come up really briefly tonight until the hammer-logins take out the authentication server, so it will be up some time very late or in the morning.

11. cubist thread starter macrumors 68020

Interesting the way you put that. A friend who's been playing a lot longer than me says he never even tries to play on Tuesdays. He says they're always flakey on Tuesday. Yes, the whole shebang has been down all day today - altho by some fluke, I did get the patch downloaded - perhaps that's from other servers.

12. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Heh, I should have come in here first.

Kinda sucks to pay $50 for a game and not have it available when you want to play it. I know, I know... servers have issues, blah, blah... I get it.

It's just that when you only have an hour here or there to play... you get your night all set up and then, bang, you're screwed.

And I've got a big glass of bourbon poured just waiting to accompany me into my fun. I guess I'll have to suck it down to chess.

13. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

No wonder you're stuck in that ravine... lol

14. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Hahah! Actually, I finally got in last night and I got out of the ravine. Instead of going right to my body, duh, as a ghost I scoped out the ravine and found another enterance/exit.

Then I got to killing what needed to be killed and all was right in the world. Made it to Level 4. I know not a big deal to you folks but I'm just getting started here!

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

A post on the forums says they will be crediting everyone one day due to the problems in bringing the realms up after the 1.10 patch.

Like others, I don't even try to play on Tuesdays...besides I have class in the evening and Oblivion to take away the pain. ;)

16. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

European servers and the european WoW website is down aswell, anyone else having these problems in europe?

17. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

4 hours and the website is still down, havent tried the game though.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm downloading the 1.10 patch now. 355 mb :eek: :eek: :eek: WTF!!

19. rbarris macrumors 6502

That's the universal 1.10 patch. It is big because it contains every item necessary to turn any pre-1.9.4 version of WoW into 1.10. So you could install 1.0 from CD's and then install that one patch and be current.

We also have a much smaller incremental patch, but that one isn't put on mirror sites officially.

20. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

What's your position at Blizzard, if I may ask? :)

Just curious.

21. rbarris macrumors 6502

I lead the Mac software group here.. if you see "tigerclaw" on the support boards, that's me.

I don't scan this forum too often which is why I leave the email address handy in my sig.

22. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

I know. New mac means I am doing this as I type.

If there is a firewall you cannot turn off, it really takes a long time.... sob...

Hey TC... I'd like to say how much I appreciate Blizzard's commitment to the Mac and the excellent Mac Tech support I have enjoyed since I bought the game. You guys are top notch.

23. cubist thread starter macrumors 68020

I second the motion. WoW was the first game out in UB. Hear hear!

24. mus0r macrumors regular

Yeah, I removed my billing information. I didn't actually quit, I just took my credit card off so they can't bill me. Eff Blizzard and their crappy service. I won't give them another dime until the servers are stable with less lag and some kind of population management is in place.

25. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok thanks. :)
    I'll burn that to a CD then for future