WoW Shader Video Options

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Dec 5, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Why in the world cant I excess shader options when I have a Ati 9800 pro!!!??? I want the tint thing when I die because it looks why better. So one please educated me..... :mad:

2. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Do you have 10.3.5 or 10.3.6?

If it plays like crap on 10.3.5, then Mr. Barris (Blizzard Rep) didn't tell the truth about game performing well under 10.3.5 or your computer is messed up in one way or another. :(

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

AFAIK, shaders ware disabled in the Mac version until some driver issues are sorted out. I don't think they're back yet, so let's wait for 10.3.7 which should arrive this year.

4. rbarris macrumors 6502

There may be some mixed messages running around, if you don't mind I would like to take a moment to clear them up.

A. I am aware of a change in 10.3.6 that has impacted frame rates in the game "Diablo II", not World of Warcraft. We have a bug filed with Apple on that issue and they are looking at it.

B. I am not yet aware of any specific change between 10.3.5 and 10.3.6 that has affected World of Warcraft negatively. In fact I know that 10.3.6 has many improvements which we will be able to leverage in the next patch to WoW. This process is ongoing as there are still bugs to be fixed, but measurable progress has been made.

These two games have very different rendering engines, Diablo II makes heavy use of AGP DMA texturing to employ OpenGL as a sprite engine, whereas WoW is closer to the standard 3D renderer type of game. With this in mind it might be easier to understand why a change in 10.3.6 would adversely affect one game and not the other.

Rezet what are your system specs, do you have a report to share? I'm particularly interested in any locations (by name) that impact your FPS, we have had bugs that manifest in specific locations in the game before.