WoW Stress Test

Discussion in 'Games' started by invaLPsion, Aug 28, 2004.

1. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Woo! I'm in! :)

I get to try the WoW beta on my new Dual 2.5GHz G5 for 7 days for free!

Check it out at www.fileplanet.com. :)

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I'm in the wait line for the download! 137/220! Can't wait to see how it runs on my PC :D

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I'm downloading it now. It's huge! 1.8 GB download. Looks like my PC is going to be on overnight :cool:. Will post impressions once I get it up and running.

5. rbarris macrumors 6502

Er, that better be 2.37 x 10^9 bytes or you got a bad DL.

6. Golem macrumors 6502

Sucks:(

7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

8. JasonL macrumors regular

I downloaded it last night. I hope it isn't much longer before I get to play!

9. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

You don't have to pay anything to get into the stress test. Yu just need a free gamespy account and a lot of patience. So I got about 1 gig into the download on my PC and my damn internet hiccuped and everything stopped. So I restarted the download using iGetter on my Mac and it has been going smoothly since.

10. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

I downloaded the file but I can't seem to extract it. Stuffit won't touch it.
    OSX thinks it's a BOMArchive file. What's that?

11. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Just signed up! Is there a place where I can download the installer right now (is it PC And Mac because I have both but I wanna play it on my PC), so that when I get the key I can start playing right away?

12. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Man I am way too lazy to leave my comp on to d/l 1.8 gb worth of a BETA file -_-

13. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I would think you would have to be more lazy to turn it off instead of just leaving it on :)

14. clr900 macrumors regular

Nice, I just signed up too and am waiting to download. But I won't be able to play it until my dual 2.5 ships on 9/03! Hopefully Blizzard won't start it before then.

15. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Well we can assume that this beta must be pretty close to the retail game if they want to test their servers with it.

16. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Well... with the amount of time it would take to d/l and the amount of power it would cost me... eh, not sure it's worth it.

17. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I just installed, now just waiting for the stress test to start. It is pretty safe to say that I will be playing it non-stop during the test, it is the best way to determine whether or not I am going to buy it when it is released.

18. qster00 macrumors newbie

Im having a similar problem, I cant extract it. Anyone have any solutions to this problem?
    -Q

19. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

why waste your time d/l'ing a 1.8 GB file to help blizzard stress test their servers? you will be able to play the game for one week only, and during this week, as it says on blizzard and fileplanet's sites, there will be so much lag it will hardly be playable, worth your time.

the game will be out in a few months, i'll just wait for the real deal rather than dealing with shady gamespy.

20. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Well, I went to a family BBQ at noon, and when I came home at 4 it was done, and more than half of that time was waiting in line for the download, since I am not a gamespy premier member. That really didn't waste any time for me as far as I am concerned. As for dealing with shady gamespy, yeah, I would never sign up, or "upgrade" my free account for 19.99 to get a gauranteed, CD key, I jsut sign up for free and got a CD key.

As for why would you help Blizzard stress test their servers? are yo crazy? How else will they know how their servers perform with lots of users on at a time. Would you rather the WoW release be like Star Wars Galaxies where people couldn't even play it because the servers were hammered? Laggy or not, what's wrong with playing WoW for free before its released?, it really wasn't a bother at all.

21. qster00 macrumors newbie

Nevermind, I just ended up downloading it again with a newer version of Speed Download. Im loving my new 4000/384 connection.
    -Q

22. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

23. shortyjj macrumors regular

Wow, that's really ****ty. I didn't get an account because of people like you.

24. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Boo ****ing Hoo... I didn't win the lottery because of people like you :mad: . You shouldn't be mad because someone won a drawing and you didn't.

25. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

It's more like someone took the last piece of desert only to sell it when they didn't need it and you don't get desert.