WOW suddenly runs choppy on MBPro

Discussion in 'Games' started by ieani, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

The game had been running fluidly at default settings on highest resolution(1440X900). But suddenly I log in yesterday and im getting nearly unplayable frame rates without having changed settings. Its running worse than it had when I turned all the settings on high previously. This is in GS, Westfall. Redridge etc. All places that were running fluidly the day before. Any ideas?

2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I would think server problems. Today I was playing and all of a sudden my FPS went from 50fps to 2fps. Blizzard is having a lot of problems with their servers recently so that might be the problem.

3. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

My latency was green. Even with that it could be a server issue?

4. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Latency is just your ping. Even when your ping is good, if the servers are obeing slow so will your game. I always have a green ping put my FPS drops considerably when my character is in an area with many other players. At first I thought it was my computer, so I put everything on low quality and 800x600 and I got the same framerates ~6-16 fps.
    The problems Blizzard has been having with their WOW servers has been very annoying in the past week, so hopefully the problem will be alleviated soon.

5. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

Yeah its definitely a server issue for me. Ive been playing full settings now with good fps.

[​IMG]