WoW Survey

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, May 16, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey guys, I recently got world of warcrack and it rocks, I spent like 16 or 17 hours in total play on friday, saterday and sunday. I've made a dwarf paladin, dwarf hunter and human warrior. I love the way dwarfs look and I love experimenting with characters.
    I want to know what characters you guys use and why. I think it will give me a new insight on the game.
    Thanks,
    Patmian212

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Killerdeath
    Level 60 Undead Warlock
    Black Templars Guild www.blacktemplars.org
    Kilrogg Server

I played alliance in open beta, and alliance at first when it launched, but within a week I swithed to the horde becuase my friends we all on the horde side. I chose a warlock becuase I love the casters class, and and I read that the warlock is the most challenging.

I really enjoy WoW, I was thinking that the game was going to get bored once you hit 60, but now it's more exciting then ever. Our guild has cleared MC to ragnaros, and have killed onyxia. Doing Ony again tonight, and our MC timer resets tomorrow, maybe I will get some felheart, or the nemesis skull cap off onyxia :p

3. Koree macrumors 6502

I play a NE rogue, fem. I chose it mainly cuz i wanted to make a warden esque charactor from warcraft III, looks like im gonna hvae to wait a while for hero classes though....Aw well :D I reached level 60 just yesterday.

Dilastria, Nightelf Rogue, server Darkspear

4. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Ari 60 NE warrior mannaroth-My main

Eamon 4(3?)pally Arthas-my brothers

Aiur-30 NE warrior Frostmane-my alt

Also I have two copys of Ari on the Test PvP realm named Aribter and Aiur

5. ja0912 macrumors member

Although I started out Human, I've found I much prefer playing Horde... even though we are heavily outnumbered on my server.

58 Tauren Shaman
    on Kargath

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Fair to pay that WOW is as addictive as a class A drug.

Its been the cause of more than a few arguments between mt and my girlfriend.

Try to limit gaming now to late nights and here days at work, although she does understand how much i like playing it.

Considering buying an Apple 20" Cinema display for my PC as my 15" CRT only goes to 1024 * 768 and the display gets crowded with windows a lot.

7. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

I did have a level 60 undead mage on Azgalor but I am quitting as it is taking too much time and the game is getting boring.

Fun memories though and a great distraction from life when I needed it most.

8. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Just started last week, and damn is WoW fun. I always hated MMORPG's, but Blizzard finally got the genre right.

I'm a level 13 Night Elf Druid and just got Bear form. Shapeshifting is good because I get a mana-based spellcaster and a rage-based melee character all in one package.

Oh yeah, Kuyu on Shadowsong realm, Invictus guild

9. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well depends since i downloaded www.navyfield.com beta last friday i haven't started or thought about WOW a single time ;)

10. Anticipat3 macrumors regular

Benjamin - 60 Paladin, Thunderlord Server, nerdcraft guild. Rank: Knight-Captain

I've been addicted since day 1, hit 60 in early January, had my Lightforge set in mid February. We've been working on MC and such lately, we've killed Lucifron, Magmadar, and Gehennes. We need more warriors for Garr though, we've been getting by with only 3.

Also have a level 40 Mage alt, if anyone has a char around this level that wants to go quest or do SM.

Obviously, I play mostly on my PC -- my powerbook can play the game, but would be a pretty big handicap for PvP or larger raids with the relatively low FPS.

11. sotofish macrumors member

I play a Tauren Druid and love it. This is my first online role playing game and I really researched what I wanted to be before I started. I liked the Taurens mostly because of their serene starting zone, and thought a Druid went well with their whole native american thing. I'm really happy with my choices. Having all the options with shapeshifting makes the game very fun and the druid very versatile- bear form adds tons of extra armor, you get travel form at level 30 (great for quick escapes and scouting for herbs, ore, etc.), seal form for underwater exploring, and cat for fighting (and sneaking around invisible). Plus you can heal almost as good as a Priest and are always wanted in groups. I level pretty slow (been playing since mid December and only lvl 46), but like to explore a lot and I try to do all the quests, even ones that are easy. I tried the Alliance side but found there were too many people, no sense of community, plus a lot of the people were straight rude when I'd ask for help. I'm glad I choose Horde. Besides, as a Tauren you have WarStomp, a 2 second stun. If you get in a jam and find 5 mobs hitting you at once, Warstomp then Travel form will usually help you escape and live. There's just lots of versatility with a Druid. A fun class that I've really enjoyed. Here's some of my screenshots from the Druid's perspective:

http://img71.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=catlady5lh.jpg

Sotofish
    Proudmoore Realm

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Ahh....WoW...I quit playing this week when I finally realized that I was wasting my time. Fun game, but it consumes hours upon hours so quickly, and really serves no purpose. When I played (and maybe I will return sometime), I was:

Vlar, 45 Human Paladin, Durotan :rolleyes:

13. shortyjj macrumors regular

60 human mage - 'cuz mages just plain rawk! heavy damage from range, blink (teleport), sheep, and being able to instantly portal to the major cities.

30 druid - as said earlier, major versatility. still haven't figured out how i want to play it...

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

60 paladin and 47 mage on Kargath. Basically opposite classes - one is all defense, low damage, no range, healing. The other is powerful ranged damage, no defense, no healing. They are good compliments to each other.

The game really is too addictive though. It can be a problem. :(

15. encephalon macrumors member

60 dwarf paladin - because I wanted to play the most annoying class for others to deal with :D :D

16. shortyjj macrumors regular

Agreed. If you're one of these two classes, find a buddy of the opposite and you're pretty much set quest-wise.

17. makey macrumors member

Check the sig. I also have a few other characters below lvl 10. I only have about 13 hours playing time on my hunter and I am about lvl 14.5. So I am pretty happy. I try to lvl at a slower pace so I can explore and do quests.

P.S I am a member of Army of Azeroth. One of the biggest guilds on Windrunner.

18. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

lvl 42 orc warrior, gave up on him because hack and slash sucks @ss

lvl 22 priest, IMHO best character type, shadow magic kicks ass and the healing is really really helpfull

19. Kosher Terror macrumors member

20. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

48 druid dethecus
    37 rogue dethecus
    31 mage azgalor
    20 hunter Nerzul
    20 shaman nerzul
    19 hunter dethecus
    16 warrior azgalor
    15 priest azgalor

My favorite class is druid because it is a very dynamic class. You have to work harder to win battles. I found rogue to be very boring - sinister, sinister, sinister, evis, repeat. Well, that's a bit oversimplified, but you get what I mean.

My second fav class is probably mage. Very cool class, and a very powerful class. I loved having so much firepower, however I grow bored with overpowered classes, so I've moved on from my mage (I will return some day :)).

My third favorite class is probably hunter. The best pve class in the game, hands down. It's a lot more fun grinding as a hunter, however I get bored with the class right at level 20.

Priest is my third favorite class - kind of slow to solo, but healing is a lot easier than it was on my druid. As a druid you really have to be on top of things, because you don't get power word: shield's and flash heals - only nature's swiftness, and some druids don't even have that.

Shaman is next - I didn't really like the whole totem thing, but the class is fun. Overpowered, but fun.

Rogue is 5th - I got pretty annoyed at the repetitive nature of rogue battles.

Warrior - yuch. Didn't like this class at all, battles took a long time, stances did nothing but annoy me, and tanking just isn't my cup of tea.

I have yet to try warlock and paladin. I don't think I'd like paladins, they do the least dmg in the game and I think that would drive me nuts. I don't know about lock - I'd probably like it a lot. I always like being a in a group with a lock and a priest for fortitude buff and blood pact (lots and lots of hp :D).

scem0

21. coconn06 macrumors regular

My main is a 60 NE Druid, named Ness, on the PvE server Khadgar, in the guild Legacy of Honor. We've killed Onyxia and outdoor bosses, and cleared most of MC (currently working on Majordomo...he will hopefully submit tonight!). I chose Druid because I wanted to be a healer when playing with my RL friends (they chose Hunter and Rogue), while also having versatility to do other roles. Though healer is really what a druid should be doing in PvE ;)

22. PaZuZuPrime macrumors newbie

60 Undead Warlock on Azgalor

I have a 60 Undead Warlock on Azgalor. I am likely going to be quitting soon as I am tired of the amount of life that this game requires. I will say though that I am impressed with how well this game runs on my mac. 867mhz 12inch PB with 640ram It is actually playable though not really in Orgrimmar. This isnt my primary play machine of course but it worked in a pinch.

23. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I agree it takes an excessive amount of time, but I've pretty much decided that I will just cut back and not quit. There's no reason it has to be played as much as most people play it...