Wow, that...sucks.

Discussion in 'Community' started by neoelectronaut, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Man, that is a horrible-to-imagine and yet compelling read.

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I couldn't stop reading it...if it wasn't so crazy I would just dismiss it as a fake. That really is incredible. And shocking.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

wow.......thats all i can think of to say, shocking, frightening, odd...and very weird

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Now that definitely sounds like one hell of a ****** place to live.

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Before I click that, that isn't some gross picture is it? What is it? After that other thread about bad pics, im a bit scared now :(

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just a bizarre story, no pictures

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Oh Ok, I briefly looked at it and saw "turatula"....this otta be interesting..... :rolleyes:

9. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

This is ****ing disgusting. I'm wondering what stopped the guy frommoving in with someone else?

I'm sure if people knew he was in this dire situation, they would be more than willing to help.

oh dear.

/asif

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

12. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Sort of have to agree on that... can't help thinking the guy writing the story is quite a jerk too, not completely crazy like Jed - just a jerk letting things go that far before reacting. And not giving a **** about the (poor) lunatic getting worse and worse next door, as long as he's fine himself!?

A

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I had a sweet Scotsman working for me for years as a painter - wouldn't hurt a fly, and wrote poetry, too - and he began to go similarly loopy. In the end, I had to get him "sectioned" under the Mental Health Act (i.e. involuntarily hospitalized) before things got out of hand. You can't just let it ride. Incidentally, it was diagnosed as "cannabis psychosis". He's OK now, but it could have got much, much worse.

14. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:D once I shared a room, the single problem was to have the man singing things from his religion 3 times a day, it took me less than a week to move, and then there was misunderstanding with the management of the place and they moved me with a girl named max, I couldn't believe my eyes but it was her last day there and in the city :eek: ...

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

What happened to the thread where everybody said it was harmless. :p

And you had somebody institutionalized for it's use. :D

---

Drugs do tend to make people live in conditions they never would under other cicumstances.

Though it's odd the people next door didn't complain either, since apartments hardly ever stop all noises and smells from going through the walls and floors.

16. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

If they are of college age, it would seem about the right time for him to show signs of schizophrenia. When his roomate started to act a little off he should have contacted someone, even the guys father if need be.

17. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I live alone.

Re: Cannibus psychosis.
    It is well-known that Scots can't deal with the chronic...<ducks head>

Re: Schizophrenia.
    Very good point mate. I was considering that it was a psychotic break of some sort.

Also, I am still curious what was under all the paper on the floor. It said it was "lumpy" IIRC, but never elaborated. The mind reels.

19. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Hmm I think I'll send this to my roommate... his therory is that all he has to do is be better than my previous roommates and he's fine. I think he should live with Martin Random even at his worst he'd bee 1000 times better than Jed. :eek:

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Believe me, as a 35-year smoker myself, I thought long and hard about it. He was definitely schizophrenic. Some people just can't take it.

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I have to wonder if the whole story is a fake.

How the hell do you run a motorcycle indoors for 15 minutes a day, with the windows closed, and not begin to choke (if not actually die) from carbon monoxide poisoning?

If it's not a fake, then the roommate is a psycho, and this guy is a major wuss for putting up with it this long.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I did wonder at that. He says it was only once, though. And it probably seemed like 15 minutes, even if it was only 2...

No argument there. Both parties obviously have pretty serious issues.