wow that were some short 1,5 years of membership...

Discussion in 'Community' started by takao, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

wow ... i just realized that it's already more than 1,5 years since i signed up (after lurking for 3 months) and i still feel like i'm new to the board sometimes or at least one of the newer members

those months have really flew past me .. and it's really the only forum i'm posting in regulary

who else expierenced something similar ?

edit: i just realized that i already hit the next rank with slipping over the 1.000 post barrier ... god 22th birthday only half a month ahead..

2. job macrumors 68040

job

Time definitely flies around here...you'll be ancient like jefhatfield before you know it. ;)

Just kidding!

First started posting on here when I was 15~16...just turned 19 today.

It's definitely crazy to look back and see how long and how much you've posted on these forums.

3. efoto macrumors 68030

Time flies because every Tuesday is a potential surprise! :rolleyes:

I joined in November of last year ('04) and I still feel really young as well, as I should because I have not been a member very long. I lurked for ages because I didn't want to ask stupid questions and the like....then joined and still found I ask the same questions :eek:

Great place, and time does fly. I didn't realize it was back in Nov, it felt like just a short while ago (I had a rather large break in there I think, perhaps a month or two with zero time to read).

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I lurked for a while before I joined in.......I think it was 2002. Too lazy to check my profile. However, time does pass by. The one thing with this forum though is that because the board is so large and has so many regular members, I don't even feel like a regular member here, and I think most people here probably think the same thing when they see my name.

On smaller boards, you're bound to run into people much more often, and so it gets a bit more warm and personal.

I know that the solution to becoming more of a "regular" is to post all the frickin time and spend an hour a day here, and that way everybody will recognize my name when I post, but I have things to do. ;)

5. efoto macrumors 68030

An hour a day is a long time? :confused: :p
    Well once school starts up my time falls off due to lack of effort and added sleeping/drinking time, not really no time I just manage it differently. Currently since I cannot speak English at work I just come here to read it, so I spend a lot of time on here lately, but everything finds a good operational quantity eventually, I'll perhaps find mine someday ;)

6. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Yeah efoto and I have spent entire workdays being basically the only people replying back and forth in threads.

I'm on this forum all day at work.

7. job macrumors 68040

job

Bingo.

I remember when MR used to be really, really technical and we had guys going back and forth arguing about CPU pipelines and registers, Northbridges etc. It was a fairly small community then and everyone seemed to know each other.

It seems it's evolved into a more general use forum and community now.

Not that there's anything wrong with that and every now and again I see a familiar name.

It's just the continuation and expansion of a good idea. :)

8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I've been a member of these forums since August of 2000 (just 6 months after creation).

But let me tell you, in the time I've been here, everything has changed and nothing has changed. It's still the best Mac forum on the web, but the people hanging around have definitly changed. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell how old some of the posters are (sometimes not :p ), but all in all, this is a great community!

It's virtually impossible for me to post while I'm away at school, so during the summer, my account comes alive! Although, I'm still at just over 1300 posts. I'm apparently not quite as liberal in my posting as some.

9. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I feel that I see enough people I know regularly, a few people recognize me as well. But it's different than knowing everyone on a board.
    As there are a lot of people I don't know.

Mostly, it has to do with the 'tars.

10. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Though you may not post a lot, I always notice your posts, the subtle Avatar, and the well reasoned posts make a good impression.

I agree as well about the age, I have no idea the ages of a lot of people here.

You wouldn't think Hector is as young as he is.
    Or dot dot dot.

They are both very mature on this forums.

11. fox2005 macrumors member

You look very young aswell... :D

12. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Read his sig, that's not his picture in his 'tar.

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

i've been here a long time now, but i post less and less.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

MacAsstek...

hehehe...remember that one?

;) :D

15. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

har har har ;)

My OLD name was Mac_User, but I had Arn change it. I still like to go back and read my first few posts. I posted way better back then

16. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Thanks Shareware, I appreciate it.

I didn't find out how old dot dot dot was until just a few weeks ago! I was surprised, to say the least.

17. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, time certainly does fly on MR. In some ways I feel like I've been here a long time (possibly due to the constant addiiton of new members, which is great!) and other times, I don't feel like I've been here very long at all, at least looking at members like jefhatfield, MrMacMan and Mr. Anderson who have been around seemingly forever! ;)

Regardless, this is definitely an awesome community. You get to know other members really well, and each person brings their own experience, opinions and personality to the Forums, which is great. Since I've become a member, I've seen many active members come and go who I became friends with and I wonder where they are, yet I constantly make new acquaintances who I interact with now (efoto, Sharewaredemon are 2 in this thread specifically) which keeps things perpetually interesting. :cool:

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, it's funny - some members you would never guess their age. Others, they make it pretty obvious through a variety of ways... ;) :cool:

19. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

MACS ARE TEH BEST !!!1!!1! ;)

20. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i love macrumors too :D

it's great because we have far less flame wars and stupid posts than some other communities. it's also really nice when everyone comes together around keynotes and when the rumour mill is in full swing (i.e. this week).

in all honest, if (god forbid) macrumors ever closed, i dont know what i'd do with half of my idle computer time. long live macrumors!

once again, we should take this opportunity to thank arn and the other mods for all the hard work they've put into MR.

21. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You forgot LOL me too!!! :D

22. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Three cheers!

23. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, ditto! There are always frequent "MR Appreciation" threads, but it never hurts to pass along credit when credit is due. :cool:

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Time always passes quickly when involved in something and having fun. Also with age passes quicker. You will find that to be more true as you age. As an example July 4th is occurring this coming weekend. Which in my case means that the summer is already half over and Labor will be here just around the corner. :D

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm feeling this already myself. For the past few years, it seems like time is passing by quicker and quicker for me! On the one hand, it's great, because I find myself more active, involved in more things, and in general, having a richer, busier life, but on the other hand, it's going by too quickly in some respects! As you say, the year is already half over. For myself, fall is just around the corner, then a couple more months until Christmas! I'm also extremely busy at work, which makes the time fly by, and my projects are so large that I'm already planning implementation dates of Q2 06!

And although I look forward to the experience, I shudder to think how quickly time will pass once I actually have a kid! :eek: ;)

But, in the end, it's all good - I'm taking in and experiencing as much of life as I can, and enjoying it and living it to its fullest - so if this results in it flying by, then so be it. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.