WOW This BT keyboard is amazing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Benjamindaines, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I love this Apple BlueTooth keyboard, first off the battery life is great, I've had it 3 months and I still have all 4 blocks of battery in the status. And now what makes is so great is... if you lose the connection to the computer and you keep typing, the keyboard will remember what you typed and send it to the computer once it gets a connection. Leave it to Apple to come up with that :D

--Cheers

2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Afraid to say I was never a fan of the Apple BT keyboard. The keys felt too "soft" for me. After only a couple of weeks I reverted back to the wired keyboard.

My PB's keyboard is still my favourite for typing!

4. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

My first MBP bluetooth was messed up so I thought it was the keyboard. When I got my replacement MBP i took the BT Keyboard out of exile and I'm in love with it. I've never had a apple keyboard so I need to get use to the key placement. BUT I LOVE IT!:D

5. ph0rce macrumors 6502

Thanks for the information, will probably get one with a new mac mini for an HD TV... i really love this keyboard (iBooks) prefer doing coursework etc. on it to my normal apple weird keyboard on my mac mini.

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Yeah, I love mine.

I had my iBook hooked up to it and someone was using my iBook and I turned on the KB and closed all the apps.. UPSTAIRS! :D

//was hilarious
    ///the guy was like WTF
    ///*laughs*

7. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Wow.. I don't think Apple says anything about the Keyboard remembering what you typed when the connection is brokem..

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I too will vouch for my Apple bluetooth keyboard, one of the best companions for my Powerbook! I got 6 months of battery life out of my first set of bats, and I bought some rechargeables, so I am set for the next 5 years:D

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i too love mine, typing on it now. Its awesome. I also have the BT mouse, i like it cause it makes my setup look clean but i wish i had two button mouse with scroll. I have a logitech MX 510 which i use for FC/photoshop

10. kbonnel macrumors 6502

My Apple BT keyboard has been abused now for over two years and it is still working great. I have treated it like crap over the years, and it just keeps taking the punishment. I am currently using a BT logitech dinovo (I got bored and wanted to see if I could get it too work), which is really nice, though it isn't fully supported by OSX. 90% of the main keyboard works (even the speaker buttons), though if I don't use it for a long period of time (overnight), I have to reestablish the BT connection, and that is always a pain (just clicking a couple of keys doesn't do it, I have to reconnect the keyboard through the BT browser under OSX).

Kimo

11. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I love my BT Apple keyboard. :)

I hate my BT Apple mouse. It has bad tracking, gets horrible battery life, and I'm already on my third one (they keep breaking).
    ...but it looks cool. :cool:

13. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i hate the apple BT mouse as well

i have a BT keyboard.... which kicks ass

but i have a wired microsoft scroll wheel mouse

wicked sick:cool:

14. mrman macrumors newbie

BT keyboard - range

What is the range of the BT katboard?

15. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

3m (~30 feet)

16. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

i don't understand?

3m ~ just under 10 feet isn't it?

17. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yes, the ~ means about. So it's about 30 feet.

18. HughJ macrumors regular

i hate my BT mouse and keyboard

i bought my machine (G4 iMac) without bluetooth built in, so i use an early bluetooth dongle, the connection is forever dropping, if i start up from a disk utility DC/DVD for instance i have no Mouse and keyboard at all, its also really slow and laggy...but im putting 90% of this down to the dongle I'm using

19. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3 meters is aprox. 10 feet.

So to make 30 feet, you need 10 meters; I think that's what you meant. ;)

10 meters is 32.808399 feet to be exact.

20. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Oh wow, talk about me not knowing my conversions :eek:

21. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

other than the obvious lack od scroll wheel and single button, whats the problem with the BT mouse? to heavy? doesn't track well enough? battery life?

22. FireArse macrumors 6502a

BT mouse weight

I quite like the extra weight from the batteries for the BT mouse - it makes the mouse feel more 'German', more solid, and nicer to use.

I have both BT keyboad & mouse - I love them both! I'm on my secind BT mouse, this one is a great deal less erratic :)

FireArse

23. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

The BT keyboard is perfect for a 17" PowerBook when youre in the library typing up an assignment. Definitely more comfortable, and saves wear on the PB keyboard as well. (Although a wired one would do the same, the wireless feature is just cool)

24. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

likewise

i agree, the apple BT keyboard has surprised me a great deal. I've gone I would say 4 months without a battery change. This was the only reason i was skeptical in the begining. But its great. anyone have any suggestions on how to turn it back to apple white. mine has become a little dirty over the past few months.

25. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

At first I thought the extra weight would be a problem, but you get used to it very quickly, and suddenly wired mouse feel very light and flimsy.

Battery life is pretty good, especially with lithium batteries.

I absolutely love my BT mouse, the only thing it lacks is a scroll wheel/ball.