Wow. This guy must really hate Apple.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by srobert, Sep 2, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

He somehow hates Phill too it seams.

—> Link to complete article <—

Some of his comments:

Well, I'll stop quoting since every sentense of his article would make the list ^_^

The "More JOHN DVORAK'S SECOND OPINION" links at the bottom of the page are worth reading too. Everybit as venomous and full of nonseense, some more directed at Apple.
    This guy should be a flim critic, not a serious journalist.

This guy must be a really unhappy, angry, sad little man. LOL, now I sound just like him.

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

As Col. Henry Potter from the good ol' 4077th would say to this article: "BULL COOKIES!!"

This goon should be sent to CNN where his reporting talent would be best suited.

Bonus: look at his picture- what a bean dip!!

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can you quote the entire article? I don't want to click on that dirty link. :mad:

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Don't kill the messenger :rolleyes:

5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

This would have been a poor article if it got published under a "Technology header". But it is terrible that it made it's way under a "Market Watch" header. Shame on you CBS.

6. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

7. FriarCrazy macrumors regular

I guess not enough of you read PC Magazine... Oh, wait :D
    John C. Dvorak is always like that, it's why people like him. His "Inside Track" column in PC Magazine is always the most interesting in the whole magazine; he basically just spews out a bunch of garbage, adds some low blows to products he dosen't like, and basically loves himself! It's just his way.

8. tace macrumors member

Hands off of Dvorak

Hey, the guy is pure genius, so stop with the degrading remarks about Dvorak. Afterall, aren't we all just typing away on our Dvorak keyboards at the moment? Oh wait!

</sarcasm> :)

9. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

i kinda agree

i kinda agree with this guy......towards the end though........ if apple puts too much effort into one product....... it can be a bad thing, and not a good thing for apple.....

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I usually play devils advocate of some Mac junkies bash an article that contains valid points that point out Apple's flaws. But in this case, the writer is flat out wrong, he makes no good points about why the new iMac is bad, and he enjoys sleeping with sheep. That was added just for good measure.

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's his style. He doesn't have to make good points. That's why others his age are enjoying their retirement and he's still working for pennies on the dollar. Besides, PC Magazine has never been about reality, it's been about who pays the most to get a good review. Ziff-Davis left morals to their weekly magazines. Even MacUser had a really useless opinion column, but you can always ignore opinions, right?

12. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

ooooh. That piece of "opinion" P-O'ed me so greatly that I wanted to fire off a point-by-point rebuttal! but there was no comments section. :mad:

"Schiller, wearing an ill-fitting 1950s-style blue shirt buttoned high..." What's with the personal slam, here? It's just a standard business shirt, dickweed!

"OK, Phil, now the girls know never to go dancing with you." I guess he prefers Ballmer's "Developers" dance?

"...the iPod is an 'ecosystem!' It's hard to stomach all this nonsense." I think that anytime a product spawns 250 accessories, it can justly have its own ecosystem. It's Dvorak's nonsense that's hard to stomach.

"...the machine comes in one old-fashioned color: 1988 platinum white." Earth to Dvorak: Who was putting out white computers in 1988? The iMac has only been white since the release of the G4 iMac in what, 2000?

"In fact, if you put two headlamps on it and a metal sun visor over its 'windshield,' it would be reminiscent of a 1954 DeSoto." More pointless low-brow, low-blow insults. And he gets paid to write this crap?

"First of all, they jammed the entire computer into the screen, making the idea of changing "monitors" or screens impractical." Because, dontcha know, everyone rushes out to buy at least three new monitors within the standard 2-3 year upgrade cycle. And a new monitor won't improve a crap graphics card (which is a far more legitimate beef with the iMac in general).

"To date, the notepad revolution, as predicted by Bill Gates, has been as successful as Blue Pepsi." Didn't keep Dvorak's good buddy Enderle from scoring another Apple Death Knell entry for predicting that Apple would go belly-up because it wasn't going to do tablets.

"Even if I'm wrong, I'd still like to know what happened to all those fancy colors Apple was promoting." Obviously Mr. Dvorak has not had access to Apple marketing materials since the last millenium, because iMacs and iBooks haven't come in fruity colors since then. The fact that the colors were a rumor must have somehow escaped his journalistic eagle eye.

"Schiller spent a lot of time bragging about Apple's 59 percent market share in the MP3 player market. Is this something to be proud of?.....Almost anything with a small amount of memory can be turned into an MP3 player nowadays; you just need a headphone jack." Which is why all those anything-with-a-headphone-jack knock-offs are selling so much better than the iPod, right?

"What maniac needs to have 10,000 songs with them all the time?" I don't know, but Sony thinks you need 13,000 (and low-bitrate songs at that).

"The fact is that Apple....has gone iPod jack-wacky." Invent your own words....become a tech pundit today! Did the jack-wacky gyre and gimble in the wabe?

"Perhaps if the company took the plunge and followed the path of Sony....But milking this one pricey and faddish device is going to ruin the company." Oooh, you mean like milking the Walkman ruined Sony? Apple must surely take care and tread no farther!

Sorry, I know point-by-point is overkill....but if any piece of writing ever begged to be flamed into pieces, this is it. :mad:

13. Mastif macrumors newbie

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

himself :p

15. dotnina macrumors 6502a

16. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

People who start referring to other people's look and physical characteristics are not worth ... kick his *ss...

17. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

18. sonyrules macrumors regular

Sounds Like Howard Stern

19. sonyrules macrumors regular

Hes always hated apple, Even when apple post good profits and increase numbers, he will find something to bitch about... I just ignore it, Sometime i laugh at it cause he comes up with some of the worst things to complain about. but thats life...