WoW trade skills question

Discussion in 'Games' started by DrStrangelove, Apr 17, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I play sometimes with one guy I know but for the most part am tackling this by myself. So I figured I would turn to you folks for the answer. However, I was recently invited into a guild (I accepted) and I try to be very social in the game. I'm approaching level 17 with a Tauren Shaman and I'm realizing that playing with others is starting to sound like a good idea.

Anyway, my question. A while back I chose Herbalism and Alchemy as my skills without really knowing what I was doing. They sounded "shamany" so I went for it. All I've been doing is collecting plants as I come across them (I don't really search them out). My herbalism is nearly 60 I think but I've done NOTHING with the alchemy skill. I have no idea how to develop it.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. Ayre macrumors member

I just recently took up Herbalism/Alchemy with my Level 17 Pally, and am finding it to be a LOT of fun. One of those ignored professions that people go to after they're tired of chipping away at rock.

So you've got plenty of Peaceblooms/Earthroots/Silverleaves? Go to the Alchemy supplier where you learned Alchemy in the first place, and buy empty vials (5 will run you up about 10-40 copper). Be sure to get a lot of vials (60 is a good number to start out), because you're probably going to level your Alchemy skill up like crazy.

Anyway, what I do is, in the interface section of your menu, there will be some choices at the bottom saying something like "Activate Bottom Right Action Bar". Check that and the "Right Action Bar". Those will give you some extra slots to place the potions you make.

In your spellbook, find the "Find Herbs" and "Alchemy" spells under your general tab. Place these on the right side of your bottom right action bar. They'll be there for handy reference when you need 'em. Clicking Find Herbs will put gold dots on your mini map indicating where herbs are. Clicking the Alchemy button will bring up a window indicating what potions you can make and what you need to make them. Go with this and have fun! Your potions aren't worth much at the lower level, but once you start harvesting better herbs and making better potions, Alchemy can be a very very profitable profession.