WoW Weather Effects on X1900 Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Games' started by miniConvert, Oct 4, 2006.

1. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hi,

Despite having all shaders enabled in WoW on my mac pro I'm not seeing any weather effects. I was playing with a friend, who was using her MacBook, and while she stood getting soaked there wasn't a drop of rain in the sky on my screen. She also saw lightening the other day, while I saw nothing.

The X1900 is a truly magnificent card and I'm getting over 60fps most of the time on my 30" ACD at maximum resolution. Beautiful is an understatement. But why no weather?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    miniConvert

2. Semperfiero macrumors newbie

There is a separate slider in the preference called weather intensity. Check to make sure your's is all the way up or you will not experience the weather effects.

3. miniConvert thread starter macrumors 68040

miniConvert

It is indeed all the way up. :( Thanks for the suggestion.

Keep 'em coming!

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Ummm...go to a zone that actually has weather effects happening at the time?

Weather effects don't happen 24/7. I didn't see my first weather effect until a week after they were added. They're intermittent, not constant.

Also, I don't know if the effects are on a per-character basis or global. Meaning, it might be raining for one person and not another. I've no knowledge if this is true or not.

(I have seen weather effects on my Mac Pro X1900, BTW.)

5. miniConvert thread starter macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Yes but as I explained surely if someone's sitting next to me on their MacBook and standing next to me in the game, and it's raining on their screen on us both and not raining on either of us on mine, then that would indicate a problem?

It has been a couple of weeks now, I've not seen a thing :(

6. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Not sure. Weather is really random. When they first introduced it I would see it all the time. Now I rarely see it. It's probably been a month since I've seen any weather in game.

7. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Well, I hearthed one of my alts to Darkshire last night and heard the sound of rain. I went outside and stood there for a few minutes and heard it raining, but didn't SEE any rain. I checked my video settings and everything was maxed, including weather effects. I asked in General chat if it was raining and a few people responded "yes". So, there apparently is a weather bug on the x1900.

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Humm. There's no bug on mine. I was envelloped in horrific fog in a zone the other day.

9. miniConvert thread starter macrumors 68040

miniConvert

That's interesting, I'm glad it's not just me. I like the weather effects :(

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

If I can remember I'll take a screenshot of my graphic settings when I get a chance and post here.

11. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I posted this bug over in the Blizz forums and one of the guys from Blizz responded and said they were getting reports of this bug. He said to disable the Weather Shaders option and see if it works.

12. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I just got my macpro and am installing wow as we speak are there any intel specific updates i need to get aside from the game doing its automatic updates?