WoW with Radeon X1600, 128GB SDRAM?

Discussion in 'Games' started by RustyGonzo, Feb 6, 2007.

1. RustyGonzo macrumors newbie

I'm planning on buying a MacBook Pro (for school, art, music, games, etc.), but I can't pick which version to get. I'm stuck between both 15-inch versions, and how well it will be able to play WoW is really the big decision maker here.

How much worse would the 128GB play than a MacBook Pro 256GB card? From max-ish graphics with 20-30 FPS, to low graphics? Would it be that different?

Knowing this would really help sway my decision for which MBP to get, so any input would be appreciated; guesses, solid info, links, whatever. :confused:

(Also, either way I'd get 2GB of RAM, in case that helps.)

:apple:

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Not sure about the 128mb but I do know my iMac C2D 2.33 with 256VRam runs WoW GREAT!!..All I need to do now is get past lvl 30..

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'm curious to know about this 128GB graphics card of yours… :p

You'll probably get better frame rates then that with either card. I can get 30 FPS on my MacBook with integrated graphics. ;)

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

On my iMac Core 2 Duo 128MB VRAM with the Graphic Settings below I get 40+ FPS.

[​IMG]

Now to log back in and check with everything on low (all shaders turned off) for you...

60+ FPS (it peaked at over 90 for me).

These are all out door frame rates.

HTH

5. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yea when i play on my macbook pro i turn all the stuff way down because of lack of ram. I have a 1.8 ghz mac book pro with only 512 of ram. I am planning on adding more later but just don't have the cash now.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

GB:eek:

7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

8. bigsteve3 macrumors member

Well, from my experience, it plays fine. I have a C2D MacBook Pro with the 128MB video card and the stock 1GB RAM, and it runs smoothly on max settings in all areas except when flying via gryphon between areas. I don't actually know how to get the FPS via the console, but it was always fine and didn't jerk when moving or looking around.

Hope this helps...

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The original posters question

GB :eek: if a 128 GB graphics card only gave me 25 fps I'd be p*ssed :D