WOW's dead!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Anyone had this message when trying to start the game?

If so, how did you fix it?

2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

WoWs been down for server maintenance for 5 hours (since 12:00PST), it just came back up a few minutes ago. Try connecting again now.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I wasn't trying to connect, it was failing as soon as I tried to start the game. But a reboot fixed it :) (I tried logging off and back on, that didn't help, but rebooting worked)

4. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

im getting an error saying "Session Expired." wtf...reboot's don't help (of the app or machine). this sucks.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

still downloading the sucker myself.

but almost done...

Attached Files:

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I hope you already made an account or else finishing that download won't do you any good!

7. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Is this another one of those betas where you pay to beta test?

If so, all I can say is 'lame'.

However, if Blizzard wants me to play the beta of WoW for free...I might just give it a shot...

8. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

No, its a free beta, but you had to sign up on Monday to get in.

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well, i just woke up this morning to find that my WOW had finally finished DL'ing! :D

and now it's installing.... damn how long does this take? :rolleyes:

well, hopefully it will work for me... but i might need a reboot as well...
    then all i've got to do is go and sign up and it'll be all sweet. :cool:

LOL, j/k. :D i did already sign up, just a few hours before they closed the signups i think.. :p

10. pillboy macrumors newbie

Hi! Im new to Mac and Wow...

Have some problem, while im open the Downloader, it crashs... I have try to download the .dmg file again and result the same... can any one help me and tell me how to solve it? Many thanks!

11. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

it crashes WHEN you open it, or once it is open? try a permissions repair. also, you need to enable a bunch of ports on your firewall (assuming it is ON).

1. open sys. pref. in your applications folder.
    2. in the Network tab, select Sharing.
    3. Select the Firewall Tab in Sharing.
    4. go to new, in the ports range type this:

3724, 4000, 6112-6118, 6881-6999

for the description i just wrote Blizzard BT Downloader, you can use anything you will remember. if you omit this step, your d/l rate will be abysmal at best.

as far as WHY it is crashing, i have no clue, get the d/l'er from another source maybe?

repair permissions may help, if you don't know how, open Disk Utility in the Applications > Utilities folder. Select your hard drive, then select verify permissions, wait until it finishes (1 min. to 15 min. depending on your hard drive, how full it is, when you last repaired, etc).

then select repair permissions. again, wait until it finishes. restart your computer, try again.

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

lol, don't worry I already signed up. been playing for a few hours lately. In of course the famous Server 5. lol, it rebooted around 8PM or so and when I got back on there were issues - like I couldn't chat and the NPC wouldn't react. Had to force Quit too. Well, when I got back on, **** - all the mobs were gone! No NPCs, no animals nothing. This was all on Lordaeron mind you. After playing for like an hour (I had found a party to join and I did manage to go up one level through exploring) the /1 talk broke news of an alliance breach. I thought little of it at first because they were like, "hey I see some night elves and such." So I thought maybe one or 3 made it over - so the party continued. In Brill we ran across a group of Undead and some other Horde at a base of a hill and a lone Night Elf on top. I was like "Sweet, finally some fighting action." How wrong I was, because as I approached her, like out of a movie about 30 or so Alliance members charged over the hill. Luckily I hadn't turned on my /pvp yet. Anyhoo long story short - my party and I escaped to the Undercity and guess what? more alliance. I kinda got lost though because my Heathstone took me to Deathknell instead of their inn. grrr. Well, by the time I reached them they had enough and decided to quit. It went kinda downhill from there.

Oh and stay away from Shadow Fang keep. To my surprise, it was the only place with Animals during this fiasco and I died twice.

And I guess if anyone wants to look me up, Jackalship - lvl3 - Undead Priest - Normal Test 5 server.

EDIT: I also signed up right before their servers crashed. The screen said "Complete" and had the links to the Mac installer. I clicked that, redirected to an apache error page then the site stopped loading for me. So I definitely cut it close.