Woz will carry new "intuitive and beautiful" Windows Phone everywhere (merged)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by iOSFTW, Apr 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502a

3. macrumors 6502

Hi, my name is Steve Wozniak. You may remember me as, that other Steve?

Well, now that Jobs has left this world, I have decided that my time is now. Therefore, you will see my smug mug at every opening of every platform regardless of who makes it and I will give nothing but slobbery praise, even if it isn't worth it. Now that Woz, got his ICS phone, it was time to hit up windows phone. Next up will probably be RIM in an attempt to save the company. Lol

4. macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

He shows a love for all mobile OS. I wish we can see that more often.

5. neiltc13, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Woz will carry new "intuitive and beautiful" Windows Phone everywhere

Steve Wozniak just bought himself a Nokia Lumia 900 and has been sharing his thoughts:

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/0...-phone-compared-to-android-theres-no-contest/

Looks like more and more people are being impressed by Windows Phone 7 and the Nokia hardware. I notice lots of the characters on "Coronation Street" (one of the UK's most popular TV shows) use Lumia devices on screen.

6. macrumors 6502

Nokia probably gave them all free phones to get them on tv :D

7. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Another new smartphone and Woz comments. Who cares? He hasn't been relevant in decades.

8. boss.king, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

macrumors 68040

boss.king

Any show/movie where you see a phone up close and can identify is almost undoubtedly paid for it to be seen there.

9. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

It's a great OS, I'd get a Lumia if it had more breadth of apps on it. Until then, I'll be sticking with the iPhone.

10. macrumors G4

*LTD*

11. macrumors 68040

neiltc13

What apps are missing that you need?

12. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like how he enjoys technology and gadgets without being tied to a specific logo on the back of the phone/gadget.

13. macrumors 68030

Sedrick

He speaks the truth. iOS and (to a somewhat lesser extent) Android are both looking very dated and stale. Stack of icons, check. How long have we been looking at that? Windows 7 is the first new, refreshing OS to come along since 07. Now, if their damn phones had some storage.

14. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Probably not much specifically, it's just knowing that as an iPhone owner you've generally got first access to new and interesting applications because of the popularity of Apple's ecosystem.

----------

Why the eye roll? Can't someone just enjoy technology for what it is without an agenda? Not everyone thinks in the same manner that you do.

Just because he doesn't exclusively evangelise Apple products doesn't make his insight any less interesting.

15. macrumors 6502a

Of course, this doesn't mean they like the phone - they are soap characters after all. This is soley down to product placement.

16. macrumors 6502a

I really do agree here. I was so bored of looking at page after page of apps. Android is better in that you can have widgets etc. but it's true - it's essentially the same.

17. macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

webOS was essentially my favorite after iOS until that whole ship sank.

18. macrumors G4

*LTD*

What "insight"? His tastes change almost by the month. Which is why they're not worth taking seriously.

19. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think he just honestly enjoys the tech, if I could afford buying every new phone regardless of OS I probably would too

20. macrumors member

MacScott

I have a suggestion. Those of you that get upset about what Woz says about stuff, don't read it. Woz's fault (if you consider it as such) is he is a nice guy that will say nice things about people and their products. That was the big difference between the two Steves.

21. macrumors 6502

He is just a guy that really loves technology and gadgets. He loves a great device, regardless of the brand.

22. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Yea really. I think the same. He's not loyal to the company he helped found that's for sure.

Some people think that's just the greatest, I certainly don't, it's bad business. I mean the dude stands on Googles front lawn with a Nexus in his hand like he's a freaking lottery winner. Meanwhile Samsung is the maker of that phone, and Samsung is the pathetic knock off company copying Apple left and right, forget the Android argument just take for example Samsungs accessories and packaging ...

Now the Windows phone, lol, yea next probably will be blackberry. He whore's himself out for smart phone fixes and should be embarrassed, instead he and his followers think its smart. Strange, get some backbone is what I'd tell him.

23. macrumors 6502

That last comment really shows you have no clue what you're talking about. Windows Phone is probably the most innovative Mobile OS currently out there, and you compare with Blackberry? LOL, if anything, iOS is the one that is looking more obselete every minute, it still basically looks the same as it did in 2007.

24. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Can't you comprehend what you read?

I didn't compare anything to a blackberry. ... Read it again and give it another go. :rolleyes:

25. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Why does that matter? Why does taste have to be set in stone?

If I see a relative improvement in something, or I like how something's done on a particular device, am I not allowed to like it because it's a different brand? It's fair to say that technology moves at a fast pace, so it stands to reason that his opinions would change frequently given that he is mad for gadgets.

If no-one cared, no-one would ask his opinion. Those articles you've linked to suggest that at least some people are interested in what he has to say.