WRC GB: first ever indoor stage

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Blackadder, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Link.

Geez, how big is the basement?! That will be something to see.

2. iGav macrumors G3

'tis not very big at all... certainly no where near as big as the U.S. venues like the Louis' Superdome etc etc.

ROC suffered when it was moved to Paris. :(

It'll sound good though. :D

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I know I was complaining about exhaust sounds in the Shelby GT500 thread, but this WILL be cool. I just hope nobody has a heart attack when the first car shows up! :D

Hey, they don't call it "Super" for nothing... ;) But all you'll ever see driving around in there are monster trucks and various bikes.

4. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Excellent - the Millenium Stadium is a brilliant venue and rallying in there would be great fun - right in the centre of Cardiff as well - perfect for a day out.

The capacityis only estimated to be 51,000 though - much less than normal for the MS - I wonder why? Maybe they won't use the bottom tier of seats for safety reasons, but the artists impression shows people sitting there :confused:

I think I might go and watch this as I live fairly close to Cardiff.

5. iGav macrumors G3

If you lived in the UK, I'd bet you a pint that the cars sound more impressive in their natural habitat than in any stadia. ;)

You should save up and come and see for yourself. ;)

6. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Actually a couple years back I came close to going to an SCCA ProRally in Michigan; but college expenses killed the trip. :(

This past fall I was driving in a wooded area near my home late one night, when I came upon a lambo Diablo, of all cars (there is a swanky little neighborhood nearby). Instead of continuing the errand I was on, I followed it through some twisty hilly backroads for a few minutes. He finally got on a freeway ramp and opened up the throttle - and my hair stood on end at the sound. Nothing I have ever heard in person since comes close to that sound. :D

7. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i miss the WRC. i saw the ROC on telly but it was kinda crappy, i think the coverage didn't help honestly.

last thing i saw of the WRC was when i went to (local) woburn for a stage, amazing stuff that was. isn't it all held in Wales these days? some awesome roads there, but the Millenium Stadium? not so sure about that one...