'wrist rug'

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by knicksfan58, Aug 14, 2004.

1. knicksfan58 macrumors member

May 6, 2004
    i was looking at posts today about the aluminum powerbook's surface corroding, leaving many black dots visible. i am now paranoid about this happening to my powerbook, and am wondering whether any products exist that protect the palm rest area of the powerbook, or cover it. i've seen reviewe d on other sites a product called the 'wrist rest' but haven't been able to find a place to purchase it. does anyone know about this or other products?
  2. SolidGun macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2004
    Twin Cities
    I use waterproof stickers of naked ladies. My hands get rather sweaty and I didn't know they made products to cover it. So I bought the same stickers that I use for my snowboard and stuck it where my palm rests.
  3. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, I've seen little mouse-pad like things for laptops at target. Next time you're there, take a stroll down the PC stuff isle.
  4. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Yeah, I've seen them in the PC accesories isle at Compusa. I love how you have to go down the PC isle to find stuff for a mac. I picked up a coolpad for 5 dollars less because it was in the PC isle and not in the mac isle. The only difference was the color.