Write Wii game review for upcoming Wii site

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tehy, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Tehy macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm planning to open new Nintendo Wii fan site. At first the site will offer news, reviews, tips and forum... Before I open the site it would be good to have a lot of content that's why I'm askin your help :) If your interested in to write review for example of Wii Play (or some other Wii game) please PM me. I really can pay anything, but maybe some day I can... :)

Here's a proof that I have already done something:
    http://www.sefanatics.com/Wii2.jpg
    It's the layout. All stuff like fonts aren't redy yet.

Thanks!

2. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I'll tell you what. I'll write you a review if you link one of those advertiser buttons directly to my bank account. ka-Ching, ka-Ching.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I could write a review but I'm not fanatical enough ;)

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

For 90% of the third party games just write "crappy PS2 port with waggle, 4/10"

5. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

Like I said - I can't pay anything. I have done this kind of job for free and I can say that it's fun. You don't have to stress about anything... Just write when you have some spare time and inspiration :)

So, if you have some free time and you are willing to help, please let me know.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

7. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Do you at least provide the games for us to review?

8. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Anyway there's all kinds of content to leech from the web to get you started, without having to commission new content. My best friend from highschool made good setting up a site that provided free (totally legit) content including everything from reviews to sports info to pictures of Drew Barrymore (big search engine favorite back in the day, don't ask me why).

9. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

This is the main reason why I need help. I don't have enought games to review :) and I guess Nintendo won't support site that dosen't exist yet.

My target is to get this new site link to Nintendo's site: http://wii.nintendo.com/community_index.jsp

Anyone?

10. pcypert macrumors 6502

I don't see it happening. Lurk around in gaming forums and find people who have played games you want to review and ask for permission to publish their results. There are plenty of gamers out there and more than just the Wii fanatic macrumors folks.

I agree with the 3rd party review idea. Pretty dead on so far.

If you want to get on folk's radar give TP a 2 and Give Spongebob or Super Swing Golf a 9.5 out of 10....all the fanboys will ignite in rage and spread your site all over the internet faster than an out of nowhere 360 turn on the Wii COD3 :D

It might not be good press, but it'll get you noticed...

Paul

11. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

12. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

You can ask some people on the nintendo forum, but it is over crowded, and you have to to a bit of stuff, like 300 page views, but thats easy, just click refresh 300 times.

http://forums.nintendo.com/

13. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

They don't allow people from outside US to register :/

14. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

There's still place open :) If you are even a little bit interested in to write article/review please contact me soon!

15. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Well thats stupid.

16. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

This isn't how it works.. you should fill your site with some content, and if it's good then people will come and contribute. So far you only have a design template, and it's not really clear why the world needs yet another Nintendo fanboy webpage (why not just go to http://www.dsfanboy.com or http://www.infendo.com)

One more hint: Ask somewhere else. I've the impression that most people here have the opinion that nothing should be for free :D

17. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

I have some content. It' on my Mac not on the net yet :) but site needs a lot of more content before it can be opened ...

18. Mooey macrumors regular

***EDIT***
    Nevermind, I just read the instructions - I'll PM you.
    ***END EDIT***

Hey, I could help ya out. I enjoy writing some stuff. Just tell me what you really need, and I'll see if I can turn it into a sophisticated Wii review.

Games I've Played:
    DBZ:TB2 or BT2 - forgot
    Zelda
    Elebits
    Red Steel
    Wii Sports
    Rayman
    Trauma Center
    WarioWare
    Metal Slug Anthology

And I am sure of a few others.

Next week I will have played Sonic/SSX Blur. Just hit me up with a PM, and I'll throw something together once I have time.

Peace.