Writing apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by KC Walker, Apr 14, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm trying to decide on which writing app to purchase. I have looked at
    -docs to go
    -pages
    -quick
    -office something

I'm totally confused now. Please someone help me with my decision. I must have spell and maybe grammar check. I hope to use all three features equally (word, excel and power point). I'm a new apple user so I have basic PC experience. I've never own an apple product other than my old iPhone 3. Please respond as soon as possible.

2. macrumors 6502

matbook101

If you want everything to sync up all nice i'd go with pages.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Does pages have spellcheck?

4. macrumors 65816

Yes

5. macrumors 6502

pages+goodreader+dropbox+evernote do me very well on the note taking side of things.

evernotes presentation could be a little more streamlined or at least offer it.
    page is really nice for creating documents quickly. then export to my dropbox as a pages file and/or a pdf file.
    in GR (linked to dropbox) i can then edit the pages file via opening it pages then exporting to my free webDAV account (linked to dropbox) or annotate it via GR as a PDF.

All this is synced to my dropbox on my mac/iphone/ipad AND i also have a few copies of the documents in icloud for good measure.

6. macrumors regular

Could you expand on this please.

I'm trying to sync Pages with Dropbox but the "Share and Print" options do not include Dropbox :confused:

7. macrumors 6502

Sign up for a WebDAV account. I used a free one from otixo.com and it's been brilliant so far. Then just punch those details int pages.

8. macrumors regular