Writing on published iCal calendars

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Americanloti, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Americanloti macrumors member

Hi there,

I have a question for you guys, maybe some knows the answer. I enabled WebDAV on my iMac in order to publish my calendars on the web. Everything works great, but to my surprise all calendars are read-only and I couldn't find any option that would let me edit my calendars from a client machine. Do you know if there is a way to enable the writing permission?

Thanks in advance

2. Americanloti thread starter macrumors member

nevermind, it can't be done. Apparently the read-only option cannot be changed.

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Yeah i figured that the other day and was kind of disapointed. Mostly with the Birthdays calender that pulls from my Address Book. It is not a subscribed calender but it carries the same properties. It does not allow you to edit it. I just wanted to simply add alarms to those events. So I have a pop up to remind me of birthdays. AH well .... I hope it is something that will change.

Kevin

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah... two things need to happen. First, the site would need to run an iCal server that allows for read/write access. Second, iCal would have to be designed to write to server-mounted calendars. Leopard Server and Leopard will have these features, but you'd need a server that ran a read/write iCal server before you could take advantage of it.