Wrong to buy macbook now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikkel1984, Mar 18, 2007.

1. mikkel1984 macrumors newbie

Hello friends
    Many of you say that people should wait til summer to buy thier macbooks because og the santa rosa update etc.
    But what about all the problems that maybe will be followed by the new "first generation hardware"?
    I have some friends who bought the "first generation" macbook, and the have had alot of problems, like random shutdown, colour spots in yellow etc. etc. etc.
    But just now with the current macbookfrom apple store, I do belive they have fixed all that, and if you buy it know you are almost sure it works, because they have fixed all problems!?
    Is it a stupid thought from me?
    Ps. sorry about the gramma and spelling Im not english is not my first language...:)

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i got my MacBook when it first came out in June last year. I had the random shutdown issue and staining. My cousin got a CD MacBook in December last year. He has none of the above issues. All the old issues have been resolved now :)

But, if you can wait, i would hold out, because Leopard won't take long to hit they shelfs.

3. mikkel1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, but there might be some bugs with the first version of Leopard right? And what about the first version of macbooks with the new santaRossa chip and maybe the new LED screen?

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

the world might implode tomorrow, so you had better buy it now so you have time to enjoy it quickly!

don't worry about bugs. The products do go though some quality control before they are announced. I've jumped for Rev A products in the past and i've never been majorly dissatisfied. You'll love your new mac :)

5. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Don't Be A Wuss Mikkel. Be Brave. They're Gonna Be Great!

Don't be a wuss. Have Courage and Trust. Don't worry, be happy. Anything wrong will get fixed for you for free. Just wait and be glad you're among the first of the next generation Macs for the next generation of Mac owners.

6. mikkel1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay will wait, but if I have to wait more than a couple months Im gonna cry:)

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as i read these questions asking when to buy and as more time passes, i lean on the side that suggests waiting. you get a better computer, newer software and similar (if not the same) pricing, all for waiting just a few months. if you can get by with the machine you got, why not wait? about adopting new technology, i wouldn't worry about it. the overall majority of any product release will likely experience satisfaction. and if anything goes wrong, it'll be covered under warranty.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, at this point, I'd suggest you wait as well.

I HATE the waiting game, and I hate when people wait for better machines to come out, but this time I'd wait too. You save money by not having to buy Leopard later (although upgrading to Leopard isn't a necessity), or iLife '07, or......I don't know. Maybe they'll upgrade the amount of RAM that comes standard on all the MacBooks.

9. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

A 90-day waiting period can seem like an eternity when one is poised to buy a new computer since the sheer excitement of that overshadows everything else. I also come down on the side of waiting ... I am confident it will prove to be clearly worthwhile.

10. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I like to wait. If it was the first couple months of a product's life-cycle, I'd buy now, but right now you have just a few months left. If you have a computer to hold you over till then, there's no reason why you shouldn't.

11. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I my younger brother has just started University and is wanting a MacBook do you think we will see an update soon? Is it worth buying yet with Leopard so close?

12. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

Yeah

yeah im waiting, i don't really care about getting the first gen, i am happy to actually,, if anything goes wrong, i ll go to apple and get it fixed or replaced if needed be. i would love it if if they allowed more RAM for the integrated graphics card,, and also made it up to 3Gb s RAM upgradable... is that too much to ask?...

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Apple reps have confirmed that you can put up to 3GB RAM in all of the MacBooks (not just the Pro) right now, although the cost of the 2GB modules are absolutely sky high, so it's not really practical.

14. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

15. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

The info on running 3GB in a MacBook is here. The 2GB RAM modules themselves generally cost $400+ though.

16. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

400 + ??:confused: :eek: no way im spending that much on RAM, all i want to do is use iTunes, safari and word processor....lol i don't even need more than 512 i think but of course of course i want as much RAM as possible.....(2GB MOST likely_

17. macfriend1 macrumors regular

18. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

This is like the fourth post I've seen this morning asking the same question. Just toss a coin. :p

19. BigPrince macrumors 68020