W's thoughts on energy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by evoluzione, Oct 9, 2005.

1. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    did anyone catch the press conference earlier this week? about Harriet Miers...

Bush talks briefly about energy, and the need to build more refineries to combat the supply issues we currently have....

here's a couple of snippets that really make me wonder...taken from the White House transcripts http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/10/20051004-1.html

nice to see he cares about our environment...

well, maybe he does? lookie here:

:rolleyes: "we're not there yet" ??? yeah, ok, Dubya
  2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    He's a profound "Thinker" allright ... fortunately for us, he's also highly skilled in the verbal arena. :)

Attached Files:

3. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2005
    Deepest Regions of Hell
    So the Preisdent is in a meeting with his advisors and they are going over what happened the day before and the secretary of defence says "Sir yesterday 3 Brazilian Soldiers were killed..." and the President jumps up and looks like he just saw a ghost...he is freaking out saying stuff like "how could this happen!?" and "What are we going to tell the press???"
    Everyone looks at each other and says "President what is the big deal?" he replies by saying "Well, how many is a Brazilian?"
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    When I saw that the President's thoughts on energy were going to be described, I thought that he might be recommending Geritol, some vitamins, or something a little stronger.

I believe that the quote above has to be incorrect--the President has never said Nuclear, since he prefers to talk about Nucular power. It does seem odd that solar-powered homes are far off in the distance but I haven't seen but a handful of examples. Certainly, with the cost overruns in government spending, they could afford to convert the Capitol building to use solar energy. If the power runs out, it wouldn't be the first time that Congress had worked in the dark.
  5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Dec 10, 2002
    That is a clever post! It seems strange that the three branches of government were supposed to be equal... now it seems they are all there only to do the bidding of the White House.
  6. evoluzione thread starter macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be

ok, so it wasn't phonetically transcribed...but i watched it live on tv and had to look up the transcript to make sure i heard what i thought i heard! but yeah, you're right, he likes his nucular power
  7. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    No Marge, it's pronounced nu-cu-lar.</Homer J. Simpson, Nu-cu-lar Saftey Inspector>