WTB: I need something with an ADC port

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by da2005pizimp, Mar 8, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey all i just bought 13 15" apple display monitors and now i need something to test them out on. I think but not sure that a Powermac G4 Graphite will work but not sure. if someone has something that will work please let me know. I don't care about specs and programs just need something to test these monitors out on. don't really want to pay more than 100 dollars.

2. macrumors 6502

I have an old iBook that has one of these ports i think. I will check for you.
    EDIT: Sorry I thought you wanted a computer.

3. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

He needs an AGP video card. Yes a Graphite G4 will work. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap for under $20 shipped.

Just do a search for: ati rage adc

A few months ago Blue Velvet gave me theirs for just shipping costs. $12 cause it came from UK. Maybe someone else can give you the same deal?

:edit:
    Just did a search for you. Under $15 shipped via USPS Priority from a Power Seller and warrantied.
    Click here

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

all i have are ibooks i don't have something this will fit in. I would rather just get something that has everything setup. thanks.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I was thinking, since i can get the blue and white g3 powermac's cheap will that card work in it? if so i may just do that, i just need something to check these monitors out.

6. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

The G3 B&W doesn't have an AGP video slot so that won't work. You can get an adapter for the ADC Cinema displays but those are quite expensive considering you can probably find a cheap G4 for about the same price. If you get that adapter, you can use any computer with a DVI cable.

This is the adapter you need, Model #A1006.

The MDD's, Quicksilvers and the graphite G4's(Digital Audio, Gigabit Ethernet & Sawtooths) should all work with an AGP video card with the ADC port.

7. macrumors 6502

A quick froogle search makes it seem you can get a ADC-DVI adapter for ballpark $30.

8. macrumors 6502a

shu82

those wont work you need a dvi to acd adapter ~ 100 shipped. Or you can buy a powermac g4 for about the same price. You would get alternative uses with a powermac g4. I would go with a powermac g4 867 or above for leopard capabilities and large hard drive support.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

ok, does anyone have a powermac that they want to sell?