WTB: Older mac

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by kingcrowing, Jan 2, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I'm looking for an iMac G3, powermac G3 or G4, It needs to have a DVD drive and preferable 256MB of RAM. HD isnt an issue as I plan on upgrading it to 80GB anyways. I'm looking to spend $75-$150 shipped, PM me or IM me, or post here

2. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

As posted in my other thread, I could sell you my main Mac:

My recently upgraded beige G3 (desktop case)

300 MHz G3
    256MB RAM
    6GB HD
    16MB ATI 128 VGA Graphics (From original 2MB - can be returned to original if you want)
    CD-ROM (DVD drives are pretty cheap)
    Zip 100 Drive
    Floppy (only works under 9.x)
    OS X Panther (10.3.9) with latest updates is installed (using XPostFacto) along with OpenOffice. (10.2.0 is the "base install" which has XPostFacto installed -- the program is insanely easy to use. It has booted with no problems non-stop since mid-November into 10.3)

This computer actually runs great and is my primary Mac. I can listen to iTunes 6 streamed from another computer while having 5 tabs in FireFox and chatting in MSN and AIM.

If you are interested, PM me an offer.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I think I want something a bit newer, I'd like to get something that I can upgrade later on if I want, but right now I need it so I can watch movies and connect my iPod to it, so I think I want a G3 B&W, G4 tower or iMac, the biege G3s are a bit more than Iwant to get into because of xpostfacto, thanks for the offer though!

4. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Yeah no problem... 10.2.8 is the main OS on it without needing XPostFacto. Also, this could probably be overclocked if you wanted to do that. With the PCI USB/FireWire card I am going to get to install in it you'd be able to connect your iPod to it.

Ah well, so ist das Leben. Know anyone who wants one? ;)