WTB: TiBook VGA screen, inverter

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by thecow, Sep 13, 2005.

1. thecow
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

The screen on my TiBook died and I would like to get a new one. I need the entire screen module and the mounting brackets and screws, not just the LCD panel. It has to be a VGA screen. I also need the inverter board that fits into a 400 MHz PowerBook G4. Does $150 sound reasonable?

2. mbl42
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

3. thecow
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I know that. Thank you for your wonderful, insightful comment. I would like buy through this forum, rather than through ebay. That is why I made this thread. On a forum you don't have 80 people all trying to buy the same thing as you and it is a lot less confusing because IMO, the way ebay sorts things is very unorganized. It makes it very hard to find a very specific item. It depends on the seller having the right keywords in their item description and a good bit of them don't even have whether the screen is DVI or VGA. Also, most of them are just the LCD panel, not the whole display module.If I am good enough with computers to almost completely dismantle my PowerBook to take off the display module, don't you think I would have heard of ebay, one of the largest auction sites on the web? Next time, think before you post useless suggestions in someone's thread.

4. mbl42
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Sorry, but some people feel differently about eBay. I personally would just buy one off there, I have seen a few TiBook screens in their casing that looked like they would work for you. Anways, hope you get what you need.