WTB: Verizon Camera Phone, RAZR V3c Preferred

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by iShane, Jul 15, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Today while swimming at the lake I slipped and fell and my RAZR fell into the lake. So I need a replacement. I really prefer a camera phone, another RAZR especially. So you can either leave your offers here or PM them to me. I'm open to any offers.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 68000

skoker

I had a friend who got pushed into a pool and got his phone (a VX8100 me thinks) wet. Just take the battery out and let it sit in the sun (such as the 90's we are getting tomorrow) and it *should* work in a few days.

3. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I have a verizon wireless samsung camera flip phone. It served me well for well over a year until I bought my Motorola e815. I'd sell you my samsung for $60. It comes with a case. I never took it out of it's case. It kept my phone looking new. I'll send you pics if your interested.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

What model number is it?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha. Well I'm pretty sure its fried. But I want to have a backup plan even if that does work. I've also heard that RAZRs are pretty....breakable.

6. macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Ooooohhh I know how you feel... my RAZR for Cingular (silver) fell in the water with me and I took out the battery, put the phone in the oven on "medium, or warm" and then put it by a hair dryer for half an hour, and now the keypad/board is fried and I am exchanging it for a black from Motorola. They do that!

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

So if I called Motorola they would exchange my phone?

8. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

Samsung SCH-A670

Samsung SCH-A670.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm. I've always liked those. Could you send me some pics? That would be great. Does it come with charger/box/manuels etc?

10. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

If you tried turning the phone on after it was soaked then your probably out of luck, but if you didn't, you might try taking as much of it apart as you can and drying it out. My e815 went through an entire cycle in the washing machine and another entire cycle through the dryer. I didn't try turning it on, I immediately began drying it out. I never could get the display to work, but the phone worked fine. Then I found a replacement LCD off ebay for like $30. I installed it and my phone is like new.

11. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

Yeah I'll take pictures of it right now. It comes with the charger, but no manual or boxes. It comes with a case like I mentioned before. Those are life savers. I believe that's what saved my e815 from total destruction. You can get a manual offline. I'll take pictures right now, I'll post them in a few minutes.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well actually I did take the battery out, dried everything off. Then I put the battery back in to see what would happen and the Verizon Wireless logo just came up. Then I just layed it out to dry and its been under a heat lamp for a little while. About 5 minutes ago I put the battery back in and the Verizon Logo just kept blinking like it would come up, then go away, come up, then go away.

13. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

14. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

One other thing. I noticed when I was cleaning the phone before I took pictures of it that the front display has some scratching on it. I thought it was oily smudges, but I kept cleaning and it wouldn't come off. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but its there.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! Umm. It looks pretty good. I am going to wait and see though if I leave it out to dry because I am going to camp this upcoming week until Friday so I will not be able to reply, if it does work though I obviously won't be needing it.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh. I was reading the warrenty and they say that accidental damage is not covered. So I guess I don't really know what your talking about.

17. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

So when should I expect to hear back from you? The reason I ask is because there is someone else interested in the phone that I haven't heard back from. He may end up contacting me. The sooner you get back to me the better.

18. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

He may of had insurance.

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be getting back to you Friday the 21st, I believe.

20. macrumors newbie

I got a Samsung A900 It is like a Razor

21. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would it work with Verizon? If so how much would you want for it?

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll pass up on the Samsung. Thanks for your offer. Anyone else? The RAZR is not being my friend.

23. macrumors 601

ITASOR

I have a Motorola v265 for Verizon Wireless. About a year old. Still have box (minus UPC), charger, holster, flaky usb data cable (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...is a $4 one from eBay), hands free ear bud thing (Verizon branded), manual, and CD-ROM.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7065/p5230003yo6.jpg <--picture

I have a V3c now, so I don't really need it. I was holding onto it as a spare, but if I get the right offer I might sell. :)

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ummm. I don't think so....I was looking for something a little newer I guess. But thanks for the offer. :)

Ahh. I may just have to sell this one on ebay and get something like an LG VX8100 or maybe a RAZR. I don't know.

25. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Ok, no problem! It's not that old though....I think the SCH-A670 is older.