WTF: 14" G4 iBook or 12" Powerbook

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by getbigg21, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Guest

Hello-

i am wanting to trade my 12 inch iBook 1.33ghz, 512 Ram, 40 gig hd, combo drive, airport extreme, and bluetooth for a 14" iBook w/ airport extreme and a superdrive or a 12 inch powerbook w/ a superdrive. I have cash I can add if needed.

2. macrumors regular

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many threads . ...... my head [​IMG]

3. macrumors 6502

lmao at your .gif---even though it didn't load right :eek:

4. macrumors 68040

California

Those two macs (12" PB 1.5/14" IB 1.42) are my current set up. But sorry, I fiddled around with different Mac set ups all year, and came to the conclusion that these two laptops are the best for me at moment. However, I do want to say that if I had to compromise between the two, I think the 1.33 12" iBook is a GREAT machine. I mean GREAT. And even if the 13.3" iBook rumours are true, the 12" ibook is a collectible high standard of the powerpc Apple line.

5. thread starter Guest

yeah i enjoy the 12inch ibook but i am in need of the superdrive that's why i'm wanting to get rid of this machine.

6. macrumors 65816

wnameth

for the price that you would have to add for a laptop with a superdrive, you could buy a really good external or an internal, there are numerous websites that will sell them to you and install them for you as well.

thanks

7. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, all you need is to stick a superdrive in the iBook. It takes some time and patience, but I bet you could do it yourself. I did.

8. macrumors 68040

California

Oh, getbigg21 -- why didn't you say so? (About the superdrive) As a matter of fact, I've got a brand new uj 845e Apple branded superdrive sitting on my coffee table as a gift for a friend with your same iBook. Will upgrade the hd at same time. Hey if you want the superdrive, let me know, my gal pal might not appreciate the superdrive anyway.

9. macrumors regular

Just add the superdrive. That's what I did.

10. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Bye Bye, Applecare...:(

11. thread starter Guest

yeah i don't want to add the superdrive b/c i don't want to void my applecare. i would just rather get a 14inch ibook or a 12 inch powerbook that comes standard w/ them.

12. macrumors newbie

so you've got two choices, void your apple care, or trade the laptop? either way you don't end up with applecare, unless the new i/powerbook comes with applecare.

I say just upgrade your current unit. Its actually quite simple, just takes some time.

13. thread starter Guest

right that's why i want to trade for either a 14inch ibook w/ superdrive and applecare or the 12inch powerbook w/ a superdrive and applecare.

14. macrumors 6502a

When does the warranty expire?

15. thread starter Guest

its got applecare till August 06