WTF, 3 weeks old powerbook, one key fall off?!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by PBG4, May 20, 2005.

1. macrumors member

i just noticed my 3 weeks old powerbook, the "+" key just popped out?
    whats up w/ that?
    apple factory warranty should be able to fix this correct? if i take back to the apple store?!!!(where i purchased the computer from)

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

they should fix it, unless they see it as being you at fault (applecare doesnt cover accidental damage as far as I know).

And, AFAIK, im not sure if they can replace the key in the apple store, since the powerbook keys are not the snap off kind that normal keyboards are, they are basically stuck.

Best thing I can say is just call your local apple store and ask them what to do about a broken powerbook key.

3. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-PBG4

Apple store should do it. It appears that one of the scissor-snap risers lost a pin. It's rare - usually comes from a malformed pin at manufacture. Very rare, but very easy fix.

4. thread starter macrumors member

thanks.
    now im really thinking buying a set of wireless keyboard and mouse to reduce the wear on the keypads

5. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-PBG4

Oh, don't worry about wear for the scissor lifts, normally they'll outlast the alloys of the machine itself - very tough.

What I personally worry about is my fingertips polishing the nice matte finish away on highly used keys :D

6. macrumors G3

puckhead193

The wireless keyboard and mouse are great!!